Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Bread Pickle

This is the second post for today...
Strange title? Yes, I know; however, there's a story behind it! The other morning, I was looking through my images to color and came across this beautiful cluster of pumpkins. Hmmm, I thought, what a tasty treat pumpkin bread would be! So I decided to make some at 5:45am. I blend the eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon, etc by hand because I don't want to wake the household, preheat the oven, measure out the flour and salt and baking powder...Whoops! That was supposed to be baking soda! See my pickle?! Now you see my very dense pumpkin loaf...argh! Oh well! It still tastes pretty good even if it didn't rise as it should. LOL
Where, you ask, can you get this amazing image? Why, at Stamp Happens, of course! It is part of the Autumn Splendor collection of digi images from Wildflower Kids. Please bop around to the other Stamp Sistahs blogs {links in my sidebar} as we've all been showing off these wonderful new stamps from both Wildflower Kids and StampInsanity Stamps.
While this is an autumn image, pumpkin bread is so easy to make {if you have the right ingredients, that is!} that these would make for lovely neighborhood Christmas gifts or teacher gifts! Hope it sparks something for you!! Have an incredible weekend! I've got a sick kiddo, so I don't know how much fun or how productive my weekend will be :o) lyss

SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Wildflower Kids digi Pumpkins
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI SS White; SU Really Rust & DP Autumn Vines (maybe???)
OTHER: Spellbinders Labels 4; Fiskars metallic gel pens; Copics: YR04, YR07, YR12, Y21, YG91, YG95, G99, C1, C3, C5, BG10

6 comments:

Yvette said...

The pumpkin bread looks pretty yummy to me! The pumpkins are really cute too. I think this would make great Thanksgiving hostess gifts!

Alison said...

Mmmmmm, I love pumpkin bread! I have been itching to make my very special pumpkin and apple pie (the 2 best pies combined into one!), so now that I saw your bread,I really have to make it! I love how you wrapped the loaf. So cute!

You mentioned on my blog you didn't know which Glimmer Mists to start off with. You use a lot of blue, so I would suggest Patina or Jazz Blue. Please feel free to e-mail me about other colors or how to's if you'd like!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

5:45 AM?? Sheesh! I don't recall ever making pumpkin bread. I make pumpkin cheescake muffins often in the fall--Hubby loves them with his morning latte. I love what you did with the loaf, it looks fabulous!

Beth said...

Wow - That is some seriously awesome coloring there! And some seriously early baking!! :) I think I may have to go make some pumpkin-something now. Yum! :)

Beautiful job, *as always*!

Steph said...

I'm on a total pumpkin kick! any chance you'll share your recipe?
great job on the colouring, they look so real!

susy said...

this looks great (the stamping and the pumnpkin bread) really wish we did the whole pumpkin, halloween thing here in Australia, it looks like so much fun.