Monday, October 12, 2009

Just Doodle it...

Well, here he is. I hinted at this little sketch book when I first posted a Meet Henry card. As I mentioned yesterday, this guy was a collaboration of my husband and I. I stamped Henry and colored him in with colored pencils really lightly - I was going with the whole *sketch* theme. He is cut and embossed with a Mega curved rectangle nestabilitie. I then handed him off to hubby and asked him to sketch something from Henry's pencil. When he gave him back to me, he had blended my raw pencils and drawn in a sidewalk with grass. I was a bit miffed at first because my vision was gone. Then I took a second look and fell in love! Thanks babe! You really made this project *pop* for me! I put Henry back in the die and used some Pearlescent chalks to smudge in some sky. What do you think?
I covered a $1 notebook from Michael's by measuring the front and cutting a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock about 1" longer on 3 sides. I lined the paper up with the binding and drew lines at each slot. The holes are punched with a Crop-a-dile and then snipped to create the opening. The binding slipped right in and I've got a recovered notebook for about $1.12. I just saved myself from buying a binding machine! You can't make a notebook for that kind of money! The background is stamped with various boyish stamps in VersaMark. I then stamped SKETCHES across the bottom but secretly wish {not such a secret anymore, eh?} I would've left that off. Here's another idea for a more girly type of journal. I had this finished before the release, but didn't post it because a couple of the other Stamp Sistahs had the same vision. Now I figure, why not? I didn't put this on a journal, but you get the idea. Just a couple of punches and Voila! a new covered journal!
These are both from the StampInsanity Meet Henry & Morgan stamp set that is available exclusively at Stamp Happens. Don't forget that Tonya, the Stamp Happens shop owner, sends out a monthly newsletter email with a 40% off coupon! Hurry on over to the store for some fabulous finds and great sales!
Thanks for stopping by today! I have a fun week filled with posts. Tomorrow is a cute little something made with the Free Broom Rides set. You'll just have to check back each day to see what kind of fun was happening in my stamping cave this past weekend! Hope you have a fantastic day!! :o) lyss
SKETCH BOOK SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: StampInsanity Meet Henry & Morgan; Bombshell Speed Shop & A Pirates Life; Cornish Heritage Farms Kim Hughes Collection Ahoy Matey & Little Guy; PTI Fresh Alphabet
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate & SS White
OTHER: Koh-I-Noor color pencils & blending stump; Copics (for skin); Pearlescent chalks; Crop-a-dile; Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles
FLOURISH JOURNAL SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: StampInsanity Meet Henry & Morgan; PTI Fancy Flourishes
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Aqua Mist
PAPER: PTI Aqua Mist, True Black & Vintage Cream
OTHER: Spellbinders Labels 4 nestabilities

5 comments:

deconstructing jen said...

this is beautiful Alyssa!!! I love everything about it. Your husband did a great job with the blending and with drawing the image from pencil. And you did great with the background and the base color. I love that versamarked background. This is just awesome!!!

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic colouring! I wish I had such a steady hand!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Dang, your husband did a perfect job! I love it! You are an excellent coloress by the way. Both your projects are gorgeous!

Beth said...

Oh my GAWD! That journal is amazing! I KNEW Henry had an edgy side!! I am so glad that you discovered it!! :) Seriously - both of these projects are fantastic - stunning, both! Awesome job!

Kathi said...

That journal is fabulous. I love the scene and that Henry sketched a skull! Too cool. I also like that the book is labeled "Sketches". So there!