Friday, October 16, 2009

Inspired by Shakespeare

Beth recently released some super cute Halloween themed StampInsanity stamps - Morgan's Spell and Halloween Henry. In light of the coming holiday, I thought I'd show you a cute little project that you could make to give co-workers, friends or just have sitting out on your desk at work.

Straight from William Shakespeare's Macbeth: "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble. Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,— For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."
I used a super simple template from Papertrey Ink's My Timeless Templates - Pack a Picnic. You could use any template or make up your own - I'm just not quite that adventurous!! lol Before the template was assembled, I punched the edges with the drippy goo border punch both on the template and on an additional strip of green. The green strip is painted with Celery Shimmerz. I also wanted to dirty up my cauldron, so I swiped it a bunch with a black ink pad. I stamped the quote on Basic Grey and stamped the bats in grey ink. Easy-peasy and done in just a few minutes! A super cute little addition at my desk to get me through the drudgery of work! Hope it gets your wheels turning on some additional ideas besides cards! Bop on over to the Stamp Happens store to get yourself this amazing set along with some other great Halloween goodies - some of which are on sale! Have a super day! :o) lyss

SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: StampInsanity Morgan's Spell
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black & London Fog
PAPER: SU! Basic Black, Basic Grey & Green Galore
OTHER: Terrifically Tacky Tape; Celery Shimmerz; Labels 3 & Circle nestabilities; Martha Stewart drippy goo punch; My Timeless Templates Pack a Picnic small

10 comments:

Beth said...

That is awesome! I have to go check out those templates - great job! Thanks!!

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! This is So cool! Your photo is fab too! What an awesome project! I love it!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Eeeek! This is the coolest Halloween project ever! I want one for my desk! I've got to make one of these! Can you tell I'm excited!

Randee E said...

Love those eyeballs peeking out over the edge :0) YOu've inspired me to get my drippy goo punch out this weekend!! And is that QT pie B&W pic your son!!! Just want to pinch those bums!! :0)

Jennie said...

Great project! Love the distressing!

deconstructing jen said...

This is super cute! I love what you did with this!!! Those eye ball really gross me out but sill really cute idea. ;)

Donna said...

Really cute Lyss...You have done an amazing job!!! Xx

Sara said...

holy moly! that is incredible-i love it!!!!!

xoxo
sarabeth

Jess said...

Gorgeous! Love how the brew is overflowing drippy, so clever!

Kas said...

CUTE!