Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!!

Hello ladies! If you are here from the PaperCrafts Magazine Blog Tour, Welcome! I hope you stop and check out some of my other creations.


I am a huge follower of Papertrey Ink. Today, different regions/countries of the world are being celebrated by challenges hosted on the PTI/Nichole's blog.
Challenge #1 focuses on Japan. I adore Japanese art and Kanji. The watercolors are beautiful, like the inspiration piece here. I chose to use the PTI set, In Bloom because one of the flowers reminds me of a lotus flower.
The lotus flower is often used for it's symbolism of surpassing struggles because the flower begins in the muck and mud of a pond floor. It rises above the waters surface and transforms to a truly beautiful flower.
I thought of this when choosing the kanji character for this card. I chose Harmony because I thought it embodied the lotus flower symbolism.
Whew! That turned out a bit deeper than I anticipated...sorry! Here's the card:
Hope you like it! Have fun on the blog hop!! ;o) lyss
SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Papertrey Ink In Bloom; Stampin' Up! Kanji (retired); Basic Grey Winterland (retired)
PAPER: PTI Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist and Black & White Basics
INK: PTI Hibiscus Burst & Aqua Mist; Memento Tuxedo Black
OTHER: PTI Hibiscus Burst Grosgrain Ribbon; Copics; Sakura Black Glaze pen; Spellbinders Small & Large Classic Circle Nestabilities

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful! And not too deep at all :) - hehe
TFS

Tracey Cuccia said...

Stunning! I think this is quite quite lovely!! :) Love the inspiration piece as well!!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors!

Sara said...

beautiful Alyssa!

happy world card making day!

sarabeth

Alyssa B said...

This is lovely! Way to go

Harriet said...

your card is gorgeous and thank you for your information.... I learned something today....

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's wonderful! Perfect job on this challenge!

Terri E. said...

Really fun coloring. Great take on the Japan challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Beth said...

I missed this one somehow - this is so soft, elegant and pretty. I love it!!