Monday, October 5, 2009

G'day, mate!

Here's another card I made for the Papertrey Ink World Card Making Day challenges. I have to tell you, when I first saw this challenge, I was not very excited. I chose to go with the dot portion of the challenge and googled 'aboriginal dot art'. Here is the inspiration photo that I chose. Then I started browsing my PTI stamps and couldn't find any solid images - apparently I like to color! Guess I'm going to have to remedy that problem...now where is my wallet? Hiding, would be my guess!
I chose to use a solid flower image from Verve Stamps. The dots kind of make it a busy card, so I kept the rest simple. A quick 'hello Friend' and this card is done. Now that it's finished, I love it! I kept the earthy tones due to the challenge and what I saw as traditional {read plant dye} colors. I'm thinking a fun set of these cards with bright color combos would be a great little gift! Hope you get a chance to play with these challenges! I have an India challenge card all done up too, but I do not like the photos I took this morning, so I'll have to take more and post again once I get home.
On another note, would you like a chance to win some free digital stamps??? Then please hop on over to the new Wildflower Kids blog! Jen, the artist, is giving away some blog candy - 5 images from the new digi set, Autumn Splendor! Hurry, because this giveaway ends tomorrow, October 6th! Thanks for stopping by!! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Papertrey Ink Friends 'Til the End; Verve Stamps Fancy Florals
PAPER: PTI SS White & True Black; SU! Real Rust & Marigold Morning
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
OTHER: Copics; Sakura White gel pen & Black glaze pen; dimensionals

6 comments:

Randee E said...

This card is soo cool! I'm not sure what the challenge was, but I love your interpretation of it!!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oooh! I love this!! We do a project on dot painting based on the aboriginal dot paintings with my 7th graders and it is my absolute favorite project!!! You did such a great job, I just love it!

Beth said...

That looks amazing! The dots really are fantastic - I love it!

Alison said...

Wow! This is so cool! You really made a fantastic card!

Kary Sol said...

Beautiful looks!!!! Just love it!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's gorgeous! Clean lines, I love it! I know you like to color and you do it so well!