Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bombshell Hump Day Hop #6

Welcome from the Bomshell Hump Day Hop! Our challenge this week is to use one of *those* purchases that you've made...you know the kind! Whether it be in the middle of the store and you just had to have it because you had a coupon burning in your hot little hand, from a blog that you frequent where you just had to have the latest and greatest, or where {like me} you just had to have that specific designer paper before it retired!!
When I first really got into stamping, I thought I wanted to be a scrapbooker. I made about 3 pages of a scrapbook of my hubby and my European vacation and had to return some tools, etc that I had borrowed. I'm bummed to say that I've never picked it up again. Then, I got pregnant! I thought for sure this would be what would make me want to scrapbook. I found some paper that I just *had* to have for my new little guy's announcements and scrapbook. Turns out that it was retired!! All my demonstrator could do for me was to scrounge up the few pages that she had left. This led me to a new addiction - if I found something I even remotely liked, I'd better get it before it retired and was no longer available! Hence the inspiration for this post. I had to have this paper, though now I can't remember the name - LOL! I mentioned in the post before this that I love to color; however, putting those images into a card becomes a real roadblock for me. I turned to a current Bombshell sketch challenge. What easier way to cut into some DP that I've been hoarding {and feeling a bit guilty about} and use an image that I was just dieing to color??
This sketch is a challenge on Rubber Stamp Chat. If you upload your card, you have a chance at some super fun goodies from Bombshell Stamps! Be sure to check it out and play along after the hop.
I colored this hula girl from Hawaiin Girl with my Copics. {Sorry, I have a list of them, but I've misplaced it.} She is mounted on Regal Rose and Taken with Teal over the semi-coordinating DP. A strip of PTI Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon separates the two.

Not much else to explain on this one. I thought it might be a great card to slip into my husband's saddlebags one morning before he heads off to work {wink}.
Make sure to bop on over to the other Bombshell Hottie's blogs and leave comments along the way!! There are prizes available if you do!
Hope you all have a fantastic day! Have fun along the hop!! ;o) lyss

19 comments:

Alyssa B said...

yes I sew too...but not lately caudse the tension in my machine is buggered. Oh and beautiful card! Well done

GlitteryKatie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GlitteryKatie said...

perty card!!!

chelemom said...

........but then he might not want to go to work! LOL! Love this and love your coloring on this cute image!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You did a beautiful job! I should make my hubby a card and slip it in his planner...I haven't done something like that in ages. I love that pattern paper, I have it and I think it's called Bali Breeze (maybe) and it's perfect for the image you used. I was trying to color yesterday and it looked like a 5yo had done it. LOL

Lousette said...

Great card!

Sara said...

wow your card is amazing and i love the sentiment lol :)

sarabeth

Kelli said...

very nice! I'll have to check out that challenge!

Carisa said...

too cute!

Darsana said...

this is a great card for a husband or sig other. I love it and you did a great job coloring the images.

Angela Knopf said...

I'm with you on the "get-it-before-it's-gone" purchases. Then I end up with mountains of paper that I never use because, once I use it....it's gone. *giggle
I'm glad you got this beauty out and rocked it! LOVE your sentiment. Too cute!

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Cute card. Great coloring job.

Shaz said...

Too cute! I love the sentiment too! lol

deconstructing jen said...

Hahaha, you are going to give your husband a heartattack at work. But that is a fantastic idea, lol!! Very cute card, you did a great job with everything. :D

Renee Drew said...

Don't know what it is, but I have trouble using DP, too. What on Earth am I saving it for? Your card is great, and the fact that you used some "special" paper, only proves how special he is to you!

Kathi said...

Both cards are fabulous. You did a great job on that sketch!

I'm addicted to patterned paper too. I have a sick amount.

Miss Magoo said...

What a fantastic idea!! I love that you used that sketch... I have a card that I've done with it too... just have to get it posted. I love the colors as well, so Hawaiian in such a cold week!

Bombshell Stamps said...

Oh I just love your hawaiian card Lyss! The colors and papers are divine!!!

Kas said...

I am sure hubby loved it!!