Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog candy winner & Cards for Kiddos ~

True Random Number Generator 5 Powered by RANDOM.ORG

#5 is:
Scrapping Julie said... holy wow. check out this candy!!
thanks so much for visiting my blog today. i am so glad you did so i got a chance to check your blog out. very kewl. i see that you are from windsor co. my bestest friend in the whole world lives in windsor.
btw i am totally smitten with your blog candy! i so heart PTI. October 17, 2009 8:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Scrapping Julie, please email me at critterlyss@hotmail.com with your address. I'll get your goodies off to you by either Thursday or Friday! We're expecting a BIG winter storm here, so I'm leaning toward the latter part of the week.
Switching gears on you here to a card drive. I really didn't want this post to go here, but I'm limited with where I'm posting from and what computer things are saved on. Anyhow, this story really touched my heart - #1 because of my own little guy and #2 because Eric's in a Superman shirt and Superman is my all time favorite superhero! So I just had to make him a SuperEric card! It was harder than I anticipated to write something inside. My heart just broke when I put myself in the mom's shoes. I just told him he is super and I hope he has a super birthday!
I have tears in my eyes as I type this though. Sadly, Eric passed away on Sunday night just shy of his 9th birthday. I just don't know what I would do without my little monster. Do me a favor? Go hug your kiddos, pests, monsters...whatever you think they are! ugh.
Also, here is a card I sent along for Kate. I just couldn't justify sending a card for one and not the other. I dug around in my stash and sent a cute card I had made (and photographed) a long time ago at a workshop. Hope this post wasn't too much of a downer! Sorry Julie that your Congrats came with this post!! Have a terrific day and hug those kiddos...I guess you could hug any of your loved ones! :o) lyss
ERIC CARD SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Pink Cat Studio Billy Plate 1 & 2; Inque Boutique All Boy (retired)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Pure Poppy; SU Yo Yo Yellow
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy & SS White; SU Brilliant Blue & Yo Yo Yellow
OTHER: Sakura Gold gel pen; Spellbinders Sm & Lg Classic Rectangles & Star Nestabilities; Copics
KATE CARD SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: SU Pick a Petal & another little hostess set that I don't remember the name of
INK: SU Real Red & Basic Black
PAPER: SU Basic Black, Real Red & Whisper White
OTHER: Black brads; gingham ribbon; corner rounder punch; crop-a-dile; various circle punches

3 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats Julie!

That is so tragic about Eric. This is utterly heartbreaking, but you are so right - we are blessed to have our little guys with us. Even though he is being a stinker at the moment - I definitely feel like I need to go hug him and remind him I love being his mommy. You are awesome, and I totally mean that! xx

Scrapping Julie said...

YEA ME!!! thanks so much for the awesome blog candy,
and thanks so much for the reminder to just hug my baby, well not baby she is 10 & 3/4.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh no, this is such sad news. I don't know what to say. It was sweet of you to make him a card. I can't imagine not having my girls around. I'm happy when they get out of school and are home with me. I'll give them an extra hug today.

On an unrelated note...Your new blog layout looks great!