Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BHDH #8 First Bite ~

Hello and welcome to another Wednesday in the Bombshell Stamps blog hop! Here's how it works:  Start at any of the Design Team Member Blogs and take a peek at their Hump Day project. Leave them a comment and tell them what you think about it! Then follow the links to the other DT member blogs and leave them comments. The more comments you make, the more entries you will have to win a great prize from Bombshell Stamps at the end of the month! You could win:
This week's Challenge is to make a coffin.  Sounds a bit daunting, eh?  The crafty queen Martha has made it rather easy!  Hop on over to Martha's site, pick up the templates and join in the fun!
I have to admit that this was a bit of a challenge for me.  I had it all planned out in my head, things stamped out, dp that I *knew* had to be available {it wasn't, at least not at Michael's}, clothes that I cut up...all to only end up in the circular file!  Back to the drawing board...I found some cute paper to line my Bombshell's coffin with - a nice textured pink paper.  Assembled the template and set about coloring my vampire.  She's just been bitten and turned and has now clawed her way out of her fresh grave - hence all the mud all over her blueish, dead body and nightie.  Her nightie is pieced with a bit of satin and frayed at the edges - this girlie has been struggling!!  I think she's also hiding something behind her back...perhaps her first kill.  All that hard work makes a new vampire thirsty and any little thing will do!  lol
Now, bop on over to the other Bombshell Hotties blogs to see some truly amazing creations!  Don't forget, the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!  Have fun!  Cross your fingers that we don't get the 14 inches of snow that's predicted throughout the day!!!  :o) lyss
Angela ~ Terra ~ Kas ~ Miss Magoo ~ Sarah K ~ Glittery Katie ~ Gabby ~ Nicole ~ Kathi ~ and our guest Kellie


SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Bombshell A Pirate's Life
PAPER: SU Basic Black; DP from Michael's
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
OTHER: Martha Stewart coffin template; Copics; satin; Sakura Black glaze & Gold Metallic pens

39 comments:

Alison said...

Your vamp looks great! I'm sorry your original plan didn't work out. I hate that! But your end result is awesome! Great job!

Nicole Maki said...

Awesome work. Those coffins were hard!

Love your newly turned vampire girl. Great details.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so freakin' cool! Your vampire is awesome and I love your post! Most mornings I feel like I just clawed myself out of a fresh grave! LOL

ldfdesign said...

love the coloring! great job!

Terra said...

She is so cool!! Love the satin, and all the scuffy marks, great job!!!!!

Kas said...

LOVE her, she's wonderful looking!

Gabby said...

OH NO...I am jealous! I want to be a vamp! LOL! Love this!

Debbie, said...

Love your vampire girl. So sexy. Her coffin looks so inviting. I think I need a nap.

Chrisi said...

I applaude your honesty with how hard a specific challenge can be. You give me courage to try harder and not give up when it seems overwhelming. Thanks - btw - your newly "vampired" is sexy as hell!

Patti Senter aka NW Lady said...

Love your coffin but love her more, and that you even left a little fresh 'dirt' on her is priceless! Great inspiration!

Kathi said...

The coffin is great, but the vampire! She's fantastic! I love all the details you added to her. Wow.

Jennifer said...

Very clever! Awesome job.

Kelli said...

LOVE IT!!! Wicked!

Bobbi Jo and Christine said...

Very detailed! Loved the vampire girl! She rocks!

Scarlett said...

The end product came out really nice. I love using texture with BS stamps, especially fabric. So you won me by using that fray satin piece. :)

Juliana T said...

nice coffin! It looks so real. Your Vampire babe is cool, too.

jonder@verizon.net

Bree said...

love the pirate vampire///

bmwpcr25 said...

Beautiful job, love all the detail on her.
thanks
Brooke Doroha
bmwpcr25@hotmail.com

Darsana said...

this looks so realistic! I like the marks on her. Very creative.

Karelj said...

Love your girl....a *vamp* in more ways than one!

Callie said...

OOOh! This chic is SPOOKY! Great job

Callie said...

OOOh! This chic is SPOOKY! Great job

Anonymous said...

Wow, your "dirty" girl is fab...love it!

Ad K.

Angie Williams said...

Such a cute idea!

Lynna said...

Love your pirate vampire! Good work on the coffin. TFS

rachaelwood said...

Your pirate girl is so fab!

angiesuez said...

vampirelicious!!

KarenB said...

I am diggin' that coffin & girl! Great job! For your sake I hope you don't get all the snow but here in Albuquerque I'm eatin' it up - even hit the mountain with the pup today for some play time!

Beth McKee said...

Love the vampy girly. Excellent project. I can't wait to get my hands on some bombshell stamps.
Bethmckee1@mac.com

kkaisu said...

Great shadowing on her face. Too cool!

Jacki Randolph said...

Awesome job - Love the Vamp!

Scrapping Julie said...

very kewl stuff. LOVE the blog header!

Renee Drew said...

What a gorgeous gal, even though she's dead AND she just clawed her way out of the grave!

Bombshell Stamps said...

Wow Lyss, this is really cool and your story made it even better! She DOES look just turned and ready to feed!

Beth said...

This is COOL! Your vamp looks great too - such detail! Your blog looks awesome, btw!!

Melissa Melissa said...

I love the spooky story line

Laurie Hansen said...

From your story telling I take it your a fan of True Blood?

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Cute how you made her into a vampire. Looks pretty real to me.

Jadebuddah said...

WOW that looks scary!!! (in a good way)