Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yo, Witch!


Three new rubber stamp sets from StampInsanity Stamps are available today exclusively through Stamp Happens. The sets are Morgan's Love, Halloween Henry and Morgan's Spell.
I have a preview from Morgan's Spell - the little witchy tween! Whenever I make a card, I like to skim through my Google reader and find some challenges to get the juices flowing. The challenge on the Copic Creations blog is to combine colored pencils and Copics; therefore, little Miss Morgan's hair, broom and the cat's eyes are colored with pencils. Once she was colored, I cut around the broom with some fine tip scissors and pulled that portion out of the small classic square nestie. Once the image was cut and embossed, I sponged around the edges with plum ink. The sentiment panel was done the same. The black bats are punched and then covered with Gunmetal Stickles. The moon is colored with a few squiggles here and there of a Sakura Clear Star pen and spread around with a light touch of an aquapainter.
{You can click on the pic to make it bigger and see all the sparkliness}
These stamps are so fun! Such sassy and fun little sentiments to send along to friends for a little laugh! This set is on sale right now for only $15.50!! Bop on over to the shop and get yours now!
Thanks for stopping by! Please check out the rest of the crew for some more amazing inspiration!
Sarabeth, Scrap Happie
Stephanie, A Paper Buffet
SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: StampInsanity Morgan's Spell
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Papertrey Ink Plum Pudding
PAPER: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone and Plum Pudding, Stampin' Up! DP Rockabilly (retired)
OTHER: Martha Stewart bat punch, Gunmetal Stickles, Sakura Clear Star gel pen and black glaze pen, colored pencils, Copics, Fiskars silver metallic pen, Spellbinders Lg & Small Classic nesties, Lg Scallop Square nesties & Tags Trio, PTI Vintage Buttons Orange Zest

14 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am speechless. This card is so amazing I can't think of words worthy of it's greatness. Wow.

deconstructing jen said...

Alyssa this is AWESOME. I love everything about it. I've been looking at it for about 5 minutes now and I keep finding things that I love.... the way you let the broom hang off the edge of the square, the stickles on the bats, the pink hair!!, the inking on the white card stock, the colors... I could go on! This is really stunning. :D

Steph said...

ahhh, I love her hair pink!!!
the buttons are perfect, and I adore the bat punch...thought of buying it but passed...may have to go back and get it! Awesome job!

Jacqueline said...

This is so perfect Lyssa!! I LOVE the pink hair!! and I love the colors, inking, the layout...just everything! You really knocked this one out of the park! Great work hun!!

Eve said...

Yo witch! Oh my...these stamp sets are killing me! I know you are loving them too! We seem to have the same sense of humor! Great job lady!

Beth said...

Holy COW, Alyssa!! This is breathtakingly awesome!!! The layout, coloring and colors are all amazing! You ROCK! :)

Donna said...

Ohhhh Lyss...WOW!!! This is AMAZING and STUNNING and just plain AWESOME!!! Beautiful work sweetie!! LOVE it! Xx

Sara said...

Holy Cow, this is so cute! I love her, and her hair is awesome!

Janice W. said...

You did an awesome job on this card! I love it. That stamp is so cute and Yo, witch! is perfect!

Sara said...

what an incredible job! i love it! great choice of sentiment :)

sarabeth

Julie said...

What a BEAUTY of a card, Alyssa! You did such great work with the coloring, the whole thing, really. I LOVE that PTI plum shade as well -- I just happened to order some more the other day. Awesome job!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love that coloring job and the sentiment makes me laugh! Great card!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

I love your card, and you did a great job coloring it. What a cute image. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

JessicaLynn said...

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn