Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sketch Girl 6 & Bombshell Hump Day Hop

Hello all! I decided to combine two of my stamping loves this week - Bombshell Stamps and Sketch Girl! I hope you got your samples in for SG5 for a chance at 5 sentiment singles from Creative Clear Stamps. We also have our Guest Designer, Amber, for SG6 - I can't wait to see what amazing sample she has for us!

I chose a sweet new stamp I got this past week from the Bombshell set Speed Shop. The challenge for this week's hop was to color with pencils, so the hubby and I sat down and colored up some cars. I'll have to post his at another time ;o) I used a little strip of a super cool 12x12 paper that I got at Michael's along the bottom of the card - it kind of reminds me of wet asphalt. The diamond plate strip is a piece of aluminum foil glued to cardstock and embossed with the cuttlebug embossing folder {diamond plate}. I have two lists of fantastic ladies for you to bop around to. The first is the Sketch Girl team plus our Guest Designer:
*Annie *Bonnie *Chris *Eve *Harriet *Jessica *Jennie *Julie *Katie *Randee *Sara *Tiffany
and our Guest, Amber

The second, yet no less important, list I have for you to hop around to are the Bombshell Hump Day ladies:
*Angela *Kathi *Mary G *Glittery Katie *Miss Magoo *Terra *Stephanie *Sarah K *Gabby *Jacquie *Kas I'm the last on this hop, so if you've seen everyone else, I hope you enjoyed the hop!! If you haven't, what are you waiting for??? Go give some love to all these other spectacular ladies on both lists!!! Hope you like what you saw!! Check out the post below to know what is coming up for tomorrow!! :o) lyss

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Bombshell Stamps Speed Shop
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: Papertrey Ink SS White, Pure Poppy; Stampin' Up! Basic Grey, Basic Black; DP from Michael's (???)
OTHER: Aluminum Foil; Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder; color pencils, odorless mineral spirits, Ranger Glossy Accents

37 comments:

Angela Knopf said...

I totally saw the wet asphalt as soon as I saw your card! Brilliant! And what a beautiful job you did coloring. Perfect take on the challenge!

Kelli said...

Thats awesome! LOVE IT

Mary G. said...

Great card!!!! LOVE that 'wet' DP!!! All round fantastic card!

Harriet said...

what a great card.....

Jacqueline said...

Wowwy!! This is an amazing card! I know your coloring skills are great and this is no exception!! The strip of "wet" paper rocks! Awesome work chica!

Alison said...

This card is SO rad! I am loving the all of your background paper! What a fantastic combination!

Kas said...

I love the dimension that the pencils give the car! Quite cool!

Terra said...

Very slick card, your coloring is fantastic and gives the car a cool,sleek look. LOVE the wet paper and alum foil!!!!!!!!!

Juliet A said...

I love the water doap paper and the diamond plate embossing on this card - very macho!

Bonnie B said...

This car looks like it could just drive right off this page. I gave it a WOW!!!!!!!

Miss Magoo said...

Oh wow! It looks just like an ad out of an old timey magazine!! I love it... how amazing!!!

StampinCathy said...

That is so awesome and inspiring. I love all the pencil me in MOJO on the blog hop.

Gabby said...

AMAZING coloring! Love the embossed panel! Perfect touch!

Kathi said...

Great coloring on the car! You can just see the gleam of the car wax!

I love that "asphalty" paper and agree that the new diamond plate Cuttlebug folder is perfect on this card and with the new Bombshell car stamps.

Wonderful card!

Sara said...

What an awesome card! Love it!!!

Carisa said...

this is a very masculine card - i love all the details in the DP and the embossed strip.

Julie E said...

How perfect is your paper and the embossing?!?! Great idea!

GlitteryKatie said...

FAbulous colouring!!!!

Yvette said...

OMGoodness!!! This is incredible! I love love love this card! Love the image and your coloring is superb! Love love the "chrome embossing" and the wet pavement! Brilliant!!!

Darsana said...

This is a perfect *guy* card. I love the theme and the colors are so bright and vivid you did a great job with them.

Steph said...

Ok, love the colouring on the car, it's incredible, but the paper totally steals the show!
I love the embossing of the tin foil, I actually thought you cut a piece of metal for your card!
This card totally rocks!

Eve said...

I LOVE that DP! You did a wonderful job on the car as well! I just love your work missy!

Beth said...

Beautiful card! Wowzers! That strip of diamond plate paper totally sets the whole card off! Awesome!
By the way - you won the Blog Candy over at StampInsanity! Be thinking about which set you would like me to send out!! I will email you very soon... Congrats!

Randee E said...

Alyssa this is just awesome!! I have that EF but haven't used it yet. It fits perfectly with this card and love the metallic look. You rock!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! Perfect paper and embossing for that image. FABULOUS coloring too! LOVe it! xxD

Tiffany Heilman said...

This card is so Metal! Love it!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the diamond plate! Fantastic card!

Amber said...

Wow Alyssa! This is the PERFECT masculine card! Love the embossing!
Hugs
Amber

Angie said...

ooooh, so cool! Very manly!

n8tvtexan said...

WAY cool car!!! Looks like it was painted that way.

Bombshell Stamps said...

Wow Lyss, LOVE your color work on the car!

Ellis said...

Great card, love the tin effect with the tinfoil! =)

Hugs, Elenor

Shaz said...

Great card... great texture!

GwyllionFaye said...

Really awesome job! The coloring is great but I love the backround!!! TFS

KarmaCraft said...

How do you get the blending so smooth? I love it. :)

Still hoppin....
--Sy.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Amazing card! Such attention to detail!

Jess said...

Fab card! Love the texture!