Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Timeless Template Peek - It's on the House

Since I had the honor of winning the Guest Designer spot for Best use of MTT in August, I get to share a peek of the new template for September! It's on the House is the name of this great template which will be available from Papertrey Ink on September 15th.
I immediately thought of a gingerbread house when given this to work with. I think I'm going to have to purchase the Made of Snow snowman set to make a few more of these before Christmas comes around! I chose to use the tree from Believe as decoration for my little gingerbread house. It is colored in with Copics and painstakingly cut out. The window is cut out with a craft knife using a rectangle nestabilitie as a guide. The window frame was created using two different sizes of nestabilities and scraps as the inner trim pieces.

Before assembling the template, I stamped a sentiment from Holiday Wishes in Pure Poppy ink across the top. The gingerbread shingles were made using a border punch and swiping the edges with Fresh Snow ink. A little Pure Poppy satin bow finished it off! Wouldn't these be fun with some of those frosted gingerbread cookies?













Here is another little project I made with It's on the House. The idea all began with some bird salt and pepper shakers that I bought as a gift for a bird lover. She likes to use sunflower seeds in her feeders and has a ton of sunflowers in her backyard as a result. I chose the sunflower image from the new Autumn Abundance as the focal image of this project. It is colored with Copics, and the same technique of using a craft knife and a nestabilitie as a guide was used to cut around the straight portions. I then used some fine scissors to cut around the image. A little Scarlet Jewel twill ties this one up.
Hope you've enjoyed my peeks of My Timeless Templates! What do you think of this template? I think there are tons of possibilities here. It's such a great size to give just a little something. The designer, Lauren Meader, is peeking this template on her blog today as well. If you haven't been there yet, be sure to go see what the master has done herself! Thanks for stopping by! :o) lyss

11 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous lil' house! You did a marvelous job with the new template! I love BOTH of your creations! :) TFS

resmith said...

Oh, so adorable!! I just love both of them!! Great job.

Donna said...

Lyss...I LOVE this!!! They are so cute!! What a fantastic idea...Am going to have to steal it hon! Xx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love them both! The little window with the candy peeking through is just perfect! I need this template!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Holy cow Lyss these are amazing! That gingerbread house is just gorgeous. These would make GREAT teacher gifts. I just love it!!

Carol W said...

Fabulous job on those "frosted shingles." I am really inspired by these projects! Thank you!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, those are both so cute, but love the little Christmas one! Great job!

ljurecek said...

You have done a wonderful job "peeking" this new template! Both projects are absolutely fabulous as is your photography!

Sara said...

OMG, these are so stinkin cute! Love the gingerbread house idea-awesome!

PaperTree Designs said...

Lyss this is just gorgeous! Love love love it.
x

Julie E said...

Both are such great ideas - cute, cute, cute. I like the way you only did a little of the scalloping on each roof.