Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's my birthday!! and a baby card

I turn 29 {again} today!! And it's the first day of Autumn - a very nice season. It always makes me think of curling up with a good book on a chilly day by the wood burning stove. Love it! We actually had snow in some areas of Northern Colorado yesterday - no surprise there! It hasn't happened for a couple of years though. Hope we're not gearing up for a hard winter!

In my old age, I completely forgot to mention that I had to skip sketch 5 for the Sketch Girl blog. I just had too much going on with vacation and deadlines and all. Please go take a look at all the other ladies blogs (links are in my sidebar). SG5 has a prize, so be sure to play along!! Details can be found here.

Lastly, for a little eye candy:
This is another baby card I made for Baby & Me. (Sorry again for the crummy photo. This was another I tried in natural light.) I fell in love with the Fleur de Lis pendant die during the Spellbinders release before CHA in Florida. This is a large square card - 5.25". The vellum layer is up on dimensionals. Two white layers and one Sweet Blush layer are all flat together with the last SB layer up on dimensionals. The center medallion is a scallop vellum circle, white scallop circle and sweet blush circle embossed with the Little Star Plain Jane stamp from Verve stamps. I added a few pearls in various sizes for a little extra something ;o) Hope you like it! I thought it would be cool to do these in shadow box picture frames for a great keepsake gift. What do you all think? Thanks for stopping by today! I love that I have so many visitors, and your comments always put a smile on my face! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Verve Little Star
INK: VersaMark
PAPER: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush and Vellum
OTHER: white embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); self adhesive pearls; Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant die

12 comments:

Tiffany Heilman said...

Happy B-day! Enjoy your day.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful and elegant. That die is fantastic. Great work as always!

Happy Birthday! I forbid you to make your own dinner tonight.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Lyss...Hope you had a fantastic day!!!... Beautiful card too...But then again they always are....Xx

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day so far :)

what a beautiful card!!!!

xoxo
sarabeth

Julie said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a great day!!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Your card is stunning! Love the Fleur de Lis pendant!

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is lovely! I just love all of the layers. It's so pretty.

Julie E said...

Happy Birthday!
Lovely card - delicate and elegant!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Happy 29th Birthday (again! LOL!) This is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! Enjoy your day!!

Sara said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, I love that die, and your colors are beautiful!

Beth said...

Omigosh! This is AMAZING! A. MAZING!

Happy birthday! Having a little experiences with 29th birthdays, I can say they are wonderful! :) Hope yours was fantastic!

Cristin Autumn said...

Hey ~lyss,

That card rocks! Very cute!! You are really, really good. Was so nice to see you and chat a bit! Never got the kiddos there at the right time :( Mitch had them, but I was at home getting some rest, and then it was too late. At least I got to say hi. You are lovely, as always!