Friday, September 4, 2009

Great friends...

It's amazing the types of people you meet and connect with over the internet. Blogs have been an incredible window into the lives of strangers. I find it somewhat odd what others will post on their blogs - the personal information, the fights with their families/significant others, their dreams, etc. And yet, it's these little glimpses into their lives that hook you on someone with your sense of humor or someone you just want to get to know better. Whoopsie! I'm getting away from my topic.

This is about my friend Annie. She has become a great friend over email and through blogland. She is a woman that I truly connect with and admire. I cherish her friendship, encouragement and support! She actually called the other night *gasp* Oh, the horror! I had to have a few shots of whiskey - I was just too nervous! We had a fun talk and laughed a lot, and now, the "first time" is over! I just wish she lived closer so we could get together and get all inky!!

I made this card for Annie. The sentiment is from a digital sentiment company that she was on the design team for, Digiments. I printed it out on Vintage Cream and cut it out with some rectangle nestabilities. The background is stamped in VersaMark on Wild Wasabi with an old Stampin' Up! stamp. The centers of the daisies are dotted with a white gel pen. The flower was made by cutting out a lot of petite oval nesties from Vintage cream paper and nesting them together. Finished off with a New Leaf button tied with black twine for the center. The ribbon is Papertrey Ink black satin. The Vintage Cream/Wild Wasabi layer is up on dimensionals over the black base.
I also sent along this bookmark. Annie is a nerd that loves, I mean loves, to read. Her nose is almost always in a book. That is, when she's not cooking/baking for her family, stamping, trekking the kiddos all over the place, you know, all those things that super stampin' moms do!

I made a couple of bookmarks out of the paper that I stamped and colored for this card. I love making bookmarks because you know that your recipient will actually use it {hopefully!}. The saddle stitch ribbon is also from Papertrey Ink. I didn't have any large eyelets, so I found a bag of shiny silver ones in the leather tooling section at Hobby Lobby - a ton of them for only $1.75. You have to remember to look outside of the stamping/scrapping area for some great finds - same products, just a lot less sometimes!

Speaking of Hobby Lobby, have any of you been in lately?? They are carrying a ton more Nestabilities and Impressabilities. Gotta love those 40% off coupons! I'm heading over there today after work. Have a great day! Oh, and Annie - thanks again for being such a great friend!!

:o) lyss

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Ok, you made me ugly cry. I love all the things you sent me and what you wrote in my card made me cry too. The bookmark is stunning and I've used it but I'm very careful with it. Obviously, I'm just a big baby and a book nerd. I'm glad we met. You are a great friend!

Sara said...

gorgeous cards, and have fun with Annie!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful---I am sure Annie will love them both....you are a sweet friend.

Randee E said...

Beautiful card - and I can tell you both are sweethearts! That's why you get along so well :0)

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

How GORGEOUS these are! I totally hear you about talking on the phone! I was SO nervous the first time I talked to Jessie (Knightrone) on the phone...and now I wish she lived closer so we can stamp together too!!!

Steph said...

oooo I Love that black, white green Combo! TFS!!