Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wishing Mouse

This little wishing mouse is wishing for me to get to be a guest designer for one of my favorite companies - Whiff of Joy! They are holding a GDT call contest until this Saturday, so you'll be seeing a couple more cards {hopefully} in the next couple of days. I've been on vacation and knew about the call before I left, so i stamped up some images and colored away! ;o)
He is colored with Copics and cut out with Nesties. The flame of the candle has both yellow and orange glitter to make it uber sparkly! The small rectangle layer is flourish stamps embossed on the vellum layer with clear embossing powder. The same flourish is used on the dark blue layer. The sketch is actually from another GDT call that Whiff of Joy had a few months back. I was unable to complete the card in time but chose to finish it for this chance. Cross your fingers for me!!
Hope you have a fantastic day!! ;o) lyss
Supplies:
STAMPS: Whiff of Joy Henry Celebrating Mouse, Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages , flourishes (sorry don't remember!, but I got them at Target)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain and Vellum, Stampin' Up! Basic Grey and Brilliant Blue
OTHER: Copics, Spellbinders Nestabilites and Tag Trio, clear embossing powder, clearance sparkly circles, Doodlebug Glitter, Pearlescent chalks

5 comments:

Kary Sol said...

Beautiful card!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'll cross my fingers for you and I'll have my kids cross their fingers for you too!

This is a gorgeous card! The colors are perfect and that is an adorable image. Fabulous work, my friend!

Randee E said...

Such a Ca- UTE! card - good luck on the DT Guest spot. And I had to LOL at your comment on my huddle card :0) I guess I can say "ditto" to you! Kyle definitely doesn't have the "tude" as Jake, just hope he shaves!

Jess said...

So cute! Love that little mouse!

Sara said...

It's adorable! Good luck!!!