Thursday, August 27, 2009

RSCC #15, Mojo 101 and some news!!


Time for another of Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenges and Julee's Mojo Monday sketches! I was excited to do this color challenge because I finally broke down and bought Spring Moss. Turned out perfect for me because PTI has been reformulating their inks, and SM is one of the colors that came out with the last release.

The card didn't turn out quite how I had in my head, but it'll work, I guess. I have all those goodies and my mojo has gone on vacation without me! Oh well, we all have our little slumps. :o)
The sentiment {it's straight in real life, I swear!} and main image are from Autumn Abundance. The flowers are colored with Copics and the vase is colored with Groovy Guava reinker and a blender pen. The Guava panel is stamped with my all time fave PTI set, Guidelines Two in Guava and New Canvas Palette ink.
Sorry about the crummy photo. I had to snap this as the sun was coming up this morning. I need to break down and buy myself a photo tent setup that is easy to store and assemble. Any suggestions?

Now for the fun news: Stamp Happens is introducing two new lines of rubber stamps next month. The Stamp Sistahs will have samples on their blogs beginning September 4th for Stamp Insanity stamps and September 11th for Wild Flower Kids. I'm really excited about these! They are super cute and oh-so-fun!!



Be sure to stop by again soon! I'll have a sneak peek of the new Sketch Girl sketch. Thanks for stopping by!! Hope you're having a fantastic day! :o) lyss

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh so pretty! Your coloring is fabulous! Your layout is fun, too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oooh, very pretty! Great layout too! I just got this set a few days ago and haven't inked it yet. Time is going by too fast lately.

I've set up a photograph area like Kristina Werner showed on her blog recently. I bought an $8 lamp at Target that clips to the edge of my desk and bought a 60watt Reveal bulb for it. I cut a piece of white foam core board just enough that it will bend and form an L shape. Does that make sense? I can e-mail you a picture. My last 2 blog post pictures were taken that way and I think they look decent. I fix any color issues in PSE. I'm also taking my pictures using the Manual setting and messing with the ISO and other stuff that I don't understand. LOL

Harriet said...

I love your card and the colors...I got this set as well and having fun playing with it...this layout is great.... thanks for sharing

Taheerah said...

Loving the stamped background - I did something similar with my entry that I posted the other day too, great minds think alike huh?!

DottyJo said...

Beautiful card, great use of the sketch. Your colouring is perfect! Jo x

Chris said...

this is a great card! and not a bad photo either....