Sunday, August 2, 2009

RSCC #13 - for Lady Bird


I think it's safe to say that another of my addictions is Dawn's color challenge. I love the fresh new take to color combos that I see from her. She has made me grow, in that I now look at different colors together completely differently. But that's the point now, isn't it? {That's rhetorical, don't answer, peanut gallery!}

With the new Papertrey release, I had to have the new In Bloom set. I've been so hooked on the Friends 'til the End set, that I had yet to ink it up...until tonight. I decided it would be a nice fresh card for a fun, fresh color combo. I stamped the flower 3 times in Berry Sorbet ink on PTI Stamper's Select White and popped up a couple different layers with 1/16" dimensionals. I don't have the Copics that match the Berry Sorbet color, so I used a blender pen and the ink cube to create a little more depth in color. I used Certainly Celery again {I haven't bought Spring Moss. I need to use up some of my SU! stash before I move on completely to PTI}. CC is the card base and the leaves. Same technique with the blender pen and ink spot for the *depth of color*. The sentiment is from Flower Garden Sentiments and is stamped in Hero Arts Cherry Red ink. The last little detail is some White Opal Liquid Pearls in the center of the flower.
Hope you like it! I am really happy with how it turned out! It took me less than 1/2 hour to make...which is a record for me! ;o) Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great night!! :o) lyss

8 comments:

Tiffany Heilman said...

So cute. The layering of the flower really makes it the center of attention! You are making me need this set!

MacKenzie said...

This is gorgeous. I really like how you layered the flower.

Harriet said...

I love this card...the colors and the layers...is beautiful...

Harriet

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's perfect! I love all of it!

Savitri said...

So pretty! Love the flower!

PaperTree Designs said...

Hey there chickie,
Congrats on the Design Team. Im looking foward to working with you. Ive watched your blog quietly for a while now. I love your cards!
PS Ive added you to my blog sidebar.
Hugs
Deb (in Australia)
x

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the flower!

KatieTurtle said...

Very nice! Great use of the set!