Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mojo Monday and a Mouse -

Hola chickadees! I had the absolute best day yesterday! The last of the tornado repairs had to
be completed, so I got to stay home from work!! Yay! Either hail or debris put a hole in the framing of our sliding glass door that leads from the kitchen to the backyard. No one really thought anything of it, and we didn't get a ton of moisture last summer. This summer it rained every day up until about July 7th or something like that - no exaggeration! We woke up on numerous occasions to the flooding of the kitchen from the copious rain outside. It was even going in between the previous linoleum flooring and the now tile. You could step on the floor and water would gush through the grout - EEK! Anywho, insurance came and covered it and it's been a long time coming! The door had to be special ordered, blah, blah, blah. It is in and wonderful! Oh and the best part? I got to stamp - kid and husband free - all.day.long!! :o) That makes for one happy lyssard! I've gotten off the subject though -

Mojo Monday! The first Monday of the month is the usual sketch, but the team picks one winner per 50 entries for a free Verve set. Go here for all the details since I'm not getting all the rules right.


This sketch worked out perfectly for me because I already had the main panel colored, cut and ready to find the right layout. I used Henry Celebrating Mouse from Whiff of Joy stamps. He is adorable...for a mouse that is! I think mice are disgusting, vile creatures (come on, I used to have 36 snakes, so I really don't like mice), but this little guy is so cute! He has been colored with Copics, cut out with classic circle nesties and layered with Pure Poppy cardstock. I used a glue pen to cover the yellow part of the flame and sprinkled on some Doodlebug sugar glitter. {This is the type of package that I got, but I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. Gotta save that money for stamps!!} I then used some pearlescent chalks to add a glow around the flame. Both the main image and the Chocolate Chip (square classic nestie) are up on dimensionals. The background paper is from a digital scrap pack, Hello Mutha, Hello Fatha, from Sweet Shoppe Designs. I have no idea how to digiscrap, but I love to buy the kits and print stuff out of them. I fell in love with this paper when I saw it on Jen Tapler's blog in May. The dp is layered on some Pumpkin Pie. The top panel is punched with an EK Success slim border punch and is also up on dimesionals. Funny thing about the ribbon. I was putting all my ribbon on a new organizer thing-a-ma-jig the other day thinking, "Why did I ever buy this ribbon? I'm never going to use it..." Ha! Proved myself wrong, now didn't I? Moving right along with the sane part of this program... The inside is matted in white and the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' is stamped in Hero Arts Cherry Red ink from the Verve set, Fancy Florals.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have had a wonderful day and you're off to have a wonderful evening! :o) lyss

4 comments:

Harriet said...

Aren't those freebee days wonderful....home but not sick...anyway this card is soooo cute..

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You rocked this sketch! Love this card and that mouse is super cute!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! LOve it. ~OLena~

Maria Gurnsey said...

This is super cute. I LOVE the colors :)