Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm one lucky girl!!

I was going to scratch that title and put 'lady' and then thought that most ladies don't have mouths like truckers, so I guess I can't call myself a lady! Oh well! I am a lucky girl and here are the reasons why:
1. I have wonderful stamping friends throughout cyberspace that have congratulated me on my win of the Papertrey Ink Guest Star Stamper for the Timeless Templates for August. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind words on my project - both before and after winning. I get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I read all the wonderful comments.
2. I had the pleasure of meeting a stamping celebrity at the Stamp and Scrap Expo last weekend in Loveland. Oh. You wanna know who? Sherry Cheever! She was so nice and helpful and funny. The show was super fun and overwhelming to see all the product and ideas first hand. I went in with a set amount of money and only spent about $15 more than I had meant to. But really, how could I resist the chunky, glass glitter that Sherry uses??? Or the Sizzix Daisies 2 die that is in the SU! catalog for $20+S/H+tax??? It was 40% off at the show. So, if you're in the area, you should definitely go to the show this weekend in Colorado Springs. Sherry won't be there this time, but the show is supposed to be bigger and better than Loveland!
3. GOODIES!!!! This is a mixture of the fun stuff that I get to play with this weekend - lots of fun stuff from the Expo, my new PTI order and some extra goodies from Tonya at Stamp Happens.
Sorry there's not any crafty goodness on here for you today! I hope to get nice and inky tomorrow though. Maybe my lovely stepdaughter will keep my boys (hubby included) entertained so I can keep playing on Sunday! Have a great weekend all! ;o) lyss
P.S. Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter at Stamp Happens! Each month a 40% coupon is sent with the newsletter! Plus it's free shipping after a $50 order (for the US).

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I know who Sherry Cheever is! Bad Sherry on SCS?? I case'd her once. Those plum pudding buttons look so lovely. I'm going to add that color to my list. Love all your stuff!

Donna said...

Oh Lyss..I didn't know you won...Congrats honey sorry I am slow to offer them...
BTW...LOVE your stuff and totally jealous!! Xx

Cristin Autumn said...

Hey pretty "lady"...I saw the first bit of your paragraph on my blog and cracked up! :)

Jen, deconstructing jen said...

wow, look at all those goodies!! I need to get more buttons... where do you get yours from?

Eve said...

Wow- those goodies look like fun.....have fun playing! You potty mouth you! haha

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

That is some AWESOME Loot! You go girl!!

Sherry Cheever said...

BWAHAHAHAHA I thought I was the only one with a mouth like that! Wasn't the Loveland show great fun and look at all that loot you got! So AWESOME!