Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flowers for Mom

Good morning friends! I've finally finished the project I started for my mom forever ago...well, mostly that is! You can see the beginning of the project here. Mom is the reason for my love of flowers, dragonflies, frogs, lizards, snakes, etc. She and I were discussing that we need to keep a gardening journal - somewhere that we can record when we planted things, if we did it from seed, cutting or plant, when it started to fruit, you know, all those little things you think you'll remember from year to year and don't. It's also a place you can sketch out where you want to place things for the coming season. Anywho, here's the journal:
I just covered the front of a $1 bin journal from Michael's with the rest of the flowered paper that I made. I tell ya though, this paper really did suck my markers dry! I do not have any juice left in my RV19 marker! To give you an idea of the size of this journal, the chocolate chip layer is 4x6. I modified the My Timeless Template to have a small divider in the front. My vision is for this to sit on her counter where she can jot things down quickly and easily. I've also included some cards (which I'll cover at another time) and larger size envelopes to accommodate sending photos to friends and family. Hope you like it! Have a fantastic day!! ;o) lyss

I almost forgot to add this...check out Steph at Where'd All My Money Go? She is another addict and is giving away some fantabulous blog candy - a $150 gift card to a place of your choice so you can get what you want!! Amazing, right?

19 comments:

Donna said...

Lyss...What a perfect gift! This is just amazing...I think you mum is going to love it...Beautiful work! Ummmm thinking I might have to steal your idea...lol! Xx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, I hope you entered this in the PTI contest. This is a winner! It's beyond gorgeous! Wow!

Sara said...

what a great idea! it's beautiful!

xoxo
have a great night,

sarabeth

Randee E said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Look at all that fussy cutting around the flower !! Everything is beautiful!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Wow This is gorgeous. i want one of these on my desk! Love how you layered the blooms.

Miracela said...

heyza
i was look aroung your homepage
and will not leave again
before i was saying hello
it is a nice homepage you have
good luck in future
Hugs
Miracela

Aimes said...

Just AMAZING! This is a masterpiece! Congrats on winning the PTI Guest Star Stamper this month - you totally deserved it with this beautiful creation!
Aimes
x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I was so worried you didn't finish this in time to enter but you obviously did since you WON! I'm so happy for you I could burst!

Jacqueline said...

Congrats!!!! So exciting to see your creation on the PTI blog! It is a wonderful project and I just love it! Hugs!

Harriet said...

congratulations on winning the timeless template design on PTI... It is beautiful and love the bright colors...beautiful, beautiful....

Julie said...

what a beautiful project and congratulations for best use of templates over at Nicole Headys blog.
I've just become a follower - cant wait to see what you come up with next.
Take Care - Ju xx

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on being chosen Guest Star Stamper on PTI for this beautiful box! I love the colors on this and the wonderful coloring job - bet your mum loved this!!!

Eve said...

I just left Annie a message saying you girls are famous! Haha
Congrats- this is amazing. So much detail and I can tell you put a TON of work into this!

Jess said...

Congrats on winning the PTI contest with this! It's a fabulous project!

Julie E said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats on winning :>)

Susan aka "Crunchy" said...

Congrats on the Guest Star Stamper contest! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Randee E said...

Congrats and woot woot! Another afirmation on how beautiful it is!

MacKenzie said...

This is STUNNING! I'm sooooo impressed! I gave you a shout out on my Friday Faves this week :-)

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

WOW WOW WOW! Alyssa...you ROCK girl! This is an absolutely STUNNING ensemble!! WOW!