Saturday, August 15, 2009

Flower Pickin' Sketch Girl 3

Time for another sketch from the Sketch Girl blog!! If you haven't already, hop on over and add yourself as a follower and comment on the prize post. Once we've hit 100 followers, a drawing will be held for one of three new Stampin Up! sets!
We'd also like you to play along with our sketches. You can upload your sample to the Mr Linky at the bottom of the sketch post. You should leave a comment too - just in case Mr Linky gets wonky. If you upload to any online galleries, please use the keyword SG3.

I love this sketch! My little ole brain could easily wrap around this one ;o) I just got the Spellbinders Flower Creations die, so I really wanted to use a layered flower as the circle part of the sketch. This had me looking through my folder for the perfect stamp and...voila!
This is Lenny Love Me Nots. He and his birdie friend are colored with Copics. His belly, wings and ears are painted with Angel Wings Shimmerz. He's so fun and sparkly IRL! The center of the flower has some Orange Peel Stickles - b/c you just can't get enough bling! The brad in the center of the die cut flower is embossed with white ep (for some reason I don't have white brads) and then generously covered in Stickles as well. Lastly, the sentiment is from My Favorite Things and is only partially inked up. Hope you like him!! Thanks for stopping by! If you haven't already, please bop on over to the other Sketch Girl blogs and leave them a little bit of love!


Thanks for looking! Have a super duper weekend! :o) lyss

13 comments:

Julie E said...

That little dragon is a darling and the flower is the perfect "circle" - so cute!

Randee E said...

This is sooo cute!! Your coloring is just gorgeous!! Love that dragons belly and feet :0)Awesome card!

Harriet said...

i love it....i love it....

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a darling card! Very clean and simple yet interesting. Great work!

Sara said...

That dragon is the cutest thing. Love your card-everything about it!!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

This card is so stinkin' cute. Love how you colored the image and the layout really puts the spotlight on your shading and shimmer!

Eve said...

Did I tell you my Daughter's name is Alissa? But we spell it with an i. My middle name is Alia- so that is where we got it.
So first off I love your name!
This card is adorable. I really need to beef up my kid card stash- and this one would be perfect! You did a fantastic job on the coloring.
LOVE it!

Chris said...

how freakin cute is this!! that dragon is adorable!! TFS!

Bonnie B said...

Love the little dragon. So sweet.

Donna said...

Lyss...This is SO cute!! I love that dragon! What an absolutely gorgeous card! Xx

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! That image is so cute and you did an amazing job with the color!

Carolyn King said...

oh gosh is that cute!!! Fantastic coloring too!!

Tere said...

adorable card! i love that dragon!!!!