Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Boy -

Hey ladies! Here's another challenge I completed on my mid-week day off (gonna have to figure out a way to make those happen more often!). The My Time to Create team does a different type of challenge every Saturday - sometimes it's a sketch, a color challenge, an inspiration, etc. This past Saturday, it was this sketch. While browsing my blog reader, another challenge popped up from The Greeting Farm. They were having their 1 year anniversary, so they provided this little cutie as a freebie. I tried really hard to get my card done by 745 that night, but I guess my family wanted to eat. Whatever!
I printed little Ian on PTI Stamper's Select white 4 times. Why? Because I am not good at coloring hair. I knew I would jack it up somehow and would need to have extras! Sure enough, the first one I colored, I love the hair and then smeared the lines in his face. I decided then and there that this little guy would be better with some dimension! ;o) He and his loot are colored with Copics and highlighted with an opaque white pen. The ribbon on a couple of his presents is colored with a metallic silver pen. I used his presents as the background squares in the sketch. The detail shot below shows that I added a white polka dot pattern to the light blue package. I took some Spring Rain and stamped it with Polka Dot Basics in Fresh Snow ink. The silver ribbon has a wire edging making it easy to form, so I punched out a 3/4" circle and formed a *bow* to mimic the present.
The round 'Enjoy Your Day' is from SU Riveting (retired). I embossed the middle on Spring Rain in silver ep and punched it out. Stamped the whole on white in Memento Tuxedo Black and punched it out. The layers are Garden Green and PTI Enchanted Evening. The DP is a retired SU pack; sorry, I'm too lazy to get up and get the name for you. The ribbon is a reversible silver and black satin that I got from Verve a long, long time ago. The last little detail is the Numbers cuttlebug embossing folder. I swiped it with the VersaMark Champagne pad for a little sparkle.
That's it! Hope you all have a great day!! ;o) lyss

8 comments:

Tracey said...

love it its so cute and very original

xxxx

Donna said...

Oh Alyssa...this is just gorgeous...Gotta love those GF stamps....Beautiful work. Xx

Sara said...

Adorable! Love the greeting farm, but missed this little guy-great job!!!

Rach said...

such a sweet card, love the embossed panel that you have used. hugs rachxx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, Alyssa, this is just perfect. This may be the cutest card I've ever seen!

On another subject, did you see Claire Brennan's new stamp set releases? I am in love with the Halloween set!

Jennie said...

Nice design! Love the coloring and wow how fun this turned out. Great job on all of the layers!

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is just too adorable! love the dimension you gave him!!!!
blessings, Maria

MrsMomma said...

Soooo cute! Great job!