Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sketch Girls Inaugural Sketch


Or Sketch Girls Sketch 1 since the title sounds so formal! The sketches will be a bi-monthly thing because a week just flies by too fast! Check out the Sketch Girl Blog for more info and become a follower so you know when the sketches are posted!
In all honesty, I hate making duplicates - I think I've mentioned that before somewhere. But I also hate to make a card I love and not have more in stash once I hand it off. So generally I make 2 - 3 of a card when I'm making one. I had a hard time with this sketch - sometimes my brain is too literal! LOL! So I opened it up in my photo program and flipped it and rotated it until it made sense in my head ;o) The cards use a couple of Stampin' Up sets (one of which is retired) and a new set that I won from All That Scraps by Amy R Stamps, Amy's Butterfly. Since I have a few butterflies tattooed on my upper arm, this was the perfect set for me! In fact, that particular butterfly is flying up to a big flower and is on the top of my arm/back of my shoulder. Monarchs are such a beautiful butterfly. The images are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then cut out with Nestabilities - the main image is the Megabilities Curved Rectangles and the butterfly is a Classic Circle (not sure if it was large or small). The first card uses Copics to color both images and Pure Poppy satin ribbon. The second card uses colored pencils and OMS to color the images and Scarlet Jewel twill.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked what you saw! Now hop on over to the other Sketch Girls blogs to see what they did: Annie, Eve, Harriet, Jennie, Sara and Tiffany.
Hope you have a great day!! :o) Alyssa

11 comments:

Sara said...

WOW, your cards are beautiful!!! I love the colors of both of them, have a great day!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Look at you! You're so cool! I love how you flipped the sketch! These look awesome!!! I can't type enough exclamation points!!!

Harriet said...

Oh my gosh.....what a beautiful card...glad I am not judging this round...


Harriet

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love how you flipped the sketch! So cool!

Bonnie B said...

Beautiful cards (plural). Love how you worked that sketch. Puts a totally different look. Looking forward to being one of the "girls".

KatieTurtle said...

Nicely done. I love the coloring too!

Jean said...

Both these cards are beautiful! Love how you have tipped the sketch upside down and the colouring makes these cards so striking!

Randee E said...

Cool card, the red and black look awesome against the white! Awesome job with the coloring too!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

How gorgeous these are! I am totally going to play! Awesome sketch!

Jennie said...

Great job on the sketch! I love how you flipped it and made it your own :o) Nice color combos and love the designs :o)

Eve said...

This turned out really pretty! LOVE it!