Friday, July 24, 2009

Shake, shake, shake that baby!

I know, I know! That is not a very nice title, but I used to joke with my son when he was getting me to my breaking point that I was going to 'shake the baby' and give him a little jostle. Not enough to do any damage or anything - just enough to make him giggle which, in turn, made me giggle! He has the best little giggle on the planet. And really, is there anything better than a baby laugh? I think not!
Here's my shaker card. I made this as a sample for the baby store. The base is PTI Aqua Mist and is stamped in VersaMark with an argyle background stamp. I got it at one of the big chain stores and I will never use it again b/c I got the larger Stampin' Up! one that covers an entire A2 card at once. I dotted where each of the diamonds met with a white gel pen. I cut a strip of PTI Lemon Tart and stamped it in VersaMark Champagne with the star cluster from the PTI set, Out on a Limb Additions. I used a Long Rectangle Nestabilitie to cut a window out, lined it with acetate and foam tape, added the sprinkles, and placed a backing of white to hold everything in. The ribbon is some Aqua Mist satin and is so soft.
The inside is finished with a sentiment from Bitty Baby Blessings. The stars are from star nesties and then smooshed in the Champagne VersaMark pad for some extra sparkle. The moon is cut with circle nesties cuz there ain't no way I could cut a straight line, curvy line or otherwise. Gotta use my tools! Hope you like! Have a great weekend!! ;o) lyss

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, this card is absolutely darling!!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Adorable! Love the colors and the design is great! The shaker part is perfect!

Harriet said...

The design and colors are great....

Eve said...

LOVE the card. And I must have a sick sense of humor- cause I thought that was pretty funny!