Tuesday, July 21, 2009

RSCC #12

Hey there again! I don't think I've posted this much in one week ever! I'm back with another color challenge. Dawn always has the best inspiration photos. When I saw this challenge, I pulled the colors out and set them right next to my computer so I could see them at a glance and perhaps become inspired. In the end, my new order from Papertrey came in and was my inspiration. I tried, yet again, to convince myself that I didn't need another stamp set. I have a flourish set from Target, but I don't like how casual they are. This Fancy Flourishes set is just that - fancy and classy! The largest flourish is stamped on Vintage Cream with Scarlet Jewel ink. I let Dawn be my inspiration again with the flower that I made. I used the Peony nestabilities and cut out three different sizes in Raspberry Fizz and Scarlet Jewel. Before I cut the RF layers, I stamped them with Damask Designs in SJ. Every layer was crumpled and distressed and then wired together using floral wire and a Vintage Cream button. I cut the leaves from Certainly Celery cardstock and then sponged them with the same ink. The tag is cut with a Spellbinders tag and embossed. The 'Good Luck' sentiment is from Mixed Messages. I stamped it in VersaMark first and then in Certainly Celery then onto the cardstock. I then embossed it with Filigree clear embossing powder. The last little detail is a strip of Raspberry Fizz that is punched with an EK Success slim border punch and is popped up on foam dimensionals. Hope you like it! It's another [out of the box] card for me! Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!! :o) lyss

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Love the way you used the flourish going up the card from your beautiful flower.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Alyssa, this card is off the charts stunning! I am so happy to see all your creations. Keep posting--your stuff is amazing!

Terri E. said...

Fun flower and leaf. Great work with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

BEAUTFUl! I love your title picture too!

Jess said...

Beautiful card! Love that layered flower!