Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RSCC #11


OMG!! I didn't use my cuttlebug or nesties on a card! Alert the media! (had to steal that one - it cracks me up!) I actually jacked this color challenge up b/c I had my Soft Stone and Stamper's Select white out right next to each other. I stamped my flowers on the white instead. Oh well! At first glance, this probably doesn't look like it follows the challenge with the bright pink and red, but I used the pink and red Copics to color the flowers. Everything is outlined in a soft grey to help define it a little. Another whoopsie! The centers of the flowers don't follow, but they turned out just how I want them, so I'm not too bothered by it {wink}. The black panel is raised on dimensionals leaving a 1" border - just enough for the little rub on sentiment from Stampin' Up (retired).
I tried and tried to convince myself that I didn't need this set- Papertrey's Friends 'til the End. I mean, really - do I need another floral stamp set??? The answer, of course, is Yes! Yes! Yes! And I deserve it!! psst...you do too! ;o) Hope you like!! Have a great night!! :o) lyss

10 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is out of this world Alyssa! LOVE the GORGEOUS colors and your coloring (I think I really do need this set!) and that ribbon is PERFECTION!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is an awesome card! Your flowers are so vivid!

Jane said...

gorgeous!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the flower stamp and your coloring is great, I need to learn how to do that! :)

MacKenzie said...

This is beautiful. Love that stitched black ribbon!

Jennie said...

Love the bright colors! Nice card :o)

Harriet said...

Beautiful card... I love the colors and glad that you joined the Sketch Girl...welcome and excited to see everyone's designs.....

Harriet

Eve said...

I LOVE the colors you used!

Jenny said...

Your coloring puts mine to shame!!And not using a Nestie, I love it. I have the same problem!! Love this card! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my card!!!

Sara said...

Hi Alyssa, your card is gorgeous, love those flowers. Just stoppin by to say hi, and looking forward to working with you on the sketch girls!