Thursday, July 16, 2009

I never knew...

that chimney sweeps were lucky, did you? I read it on Kimmie's blog when this stamp came out from Whiff of Joy back in October. She also reminded me of the song off of Mary Poppins and now my little guy and I sing it every night before he goes to sleep. Good Luck Charlie is stamped on PTI white with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored in with various Copics. He hasn't gone to work yet for the day, so he is still relatively clean. I'll have to figure out a way to dirty him up next time - he is a chimney sweep after all! ;o) I printed the sentiment out on my computer and used the little shamrock that came with him stamped in Memento London Fog to accent the sentiment. I got the sentiment from a Waltzing Mouse Stamps set called Irish Blessings - it's been out of stock and I really wanted to get this card finished, so I used it as inspiration! The background is the Diamonds in the Rough cuttlebug embossing folder that I swiped a Smokey Shadow ink cube over once it was run through. Topped it off with a little saddle stitch True Black ribbon and called him done!
I'm using the card as an entry for a bunch of more Copics!! Crafty Goings On is having a blog candy challenge of sorts for - get this - 72 Copic markers!!! I don't know why I'm even entering! I'm sure I've used up all my good little girl karma for the month since I just won the butterfly stamps. How about this? If I win, I promise to share the wealth - that is, if I already have the colors, I'll give them to someone who doesn't! That should get me a little good karma, eh? Here's to crossing my fingers!!
Hope you like my little chimney sweep! Have a wonderful day! :o) lyss

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love this card! What a cute little guy. Love how you did the sentiment too. Hope you win the copics!