Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Copic Creations Challenge #8 - Botanicals

I can't believe I ever tried to talk myself out of this set! I hope you all aren't getting tired of it ;o) I wake up with ideas of how I want to use it or what I want to make with it next, well, that is, I wake up with ideas along with the theme song to Blues Clues or some other such nonsense. Ahhh...the life of a mother! LOL

My mother does a ton for me - she moved herself from her home of the last 25+ years to live within a mile of me to be able to help me on maternity leave and be my daycare provider. She doesn't ask me to pay for diapers or food, and she is always on hand to babysit if we want a date night. I, honestly, don't know what we would do without her! She is so supportive and loves everything that I make, so I thought I would make her a few items that she can keep out around the house. I was fortunate enough during the Stampin' Out Alzheimers event to win a My Timeless Template - and on the first day, no less! I have finally gotten around to using it and I am so happy with the outcome. If you've never tried one, you should. Lauren has taken all the guess work out of them; they truly are a print and assemble template. I printed the outsides on Chocolate Chip cardstock and the divider on Kraft. The mat layers are printed on PTI's Rustic Cream - I love the natural look of it! I used post it notes to mask off flowers and leaves and then colored them all with my Copics. What a huge difference between PTI Stamper's Select White and Rustic Cream on absorbency of the colors. Not only did the colors come out different (which you would expect), but the Rustic Cream felt like it was sucking the ink right out of the marker.

The sides are a bit different with the addition of the little budding blossom stamp. Once everything was colored, I used the Vintage Touch Inking System around the edges of each panel. Guess what? It worked like the blender marker to remove color. On the front panel, I went back and added color to the flower petals. The sides are left blended out. The other interesting thing about this little duo was that I was able to remove where I had added too much with the Copic blender marker as well. So, my lesson for the day is that if you are as challenged as I in the sponging around the sides technique, use this little duo, but keep your Copic blender pen close by! lol








Hope you enjoyed my entry for the Copic Creations challenge. I happen to like it so much that I don't want to give it away! {wink} Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the full reveal of the Sketch Girl card! I'll be setting blogger to post, so I hope that works out for me. Have a great day, and, as always, thanks for boppin' by! :o) lyss
ETA: If you would like to see the finished project with journal and cards, bop on over to this post. :o)

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the colors you chose to use.

Maureen said...

This is stunning! I haven't tried one of the templates yet...but have my eye on this one!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Another stunner from you! Wow! This is so awesome! I love the rich colors you chose it really makes the project!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the colors that you used. Especially for the inside of the flower. It is so vibrant. I held off on this set for a while, and don't know why either. It's so fun to use! Thanks for sharing this great project. I hope your mom loves it {if you can part with it, that is}.

Randee E said...

Just gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant. i wouldn't want to give it away either :0)

Susan aka "Crunchy" said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Your copic coloring is fantastic! I don't blame you for wanting to keep this, it's so beautiful. I've also been talking myself out of this set, until recently. It's a great set, isn't it? TFS your details and your project.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Alyssa, this is gorgeous. I love the colors you used for the flowers. What a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing in our CC Botanicals challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a beautiful project!