Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Calling all sugar daddies...

Hello ladies (or maybe just Annie, since I think she's really the only one that reads my little ole blog)! Recently my sweet dad asked me for some cards to sell in his store. Man, has this ever stumped me! See, his store is a vitamin and herbal supplement store that also sells some new age-y stuff. I don't really have a theme to go by like in the baby store. I chose to go with some more nature based cards and nothing with too much bulk. I started making a few single layer cards with an embossed rectangle or square on the front to frame the image. Whoopsie! I forgot the Copics will bleed and show through on the inside. Hence, this card:

I just ran this card through with the rectangle nestie again to cut the image out. This is an Annie LaPoint image from My Favorite Things that I won from a blog candy drawing. To be honest, it wasn't my favorite stamp, but once I colored it, I really liked it. I thought it might be a good card for someone to give with a bunch of natural lotions, massage oils, etc. The image is colored in with Copics and mounted on vellum cardstock. The next layer is Almost Amethyst and has been run through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder. A little white organdy ribbon tied to the side finishes this little beauty off! I have to remember how much I love matting things on vellum. I have a card in mind right now that I want to make with vellum - why, oh why, must I work for a living?????? Where is my benefactor? I need a sugar daddy!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Does your husband know you are advertising for a sugar daddy? LOL

This card is gorgeous and perfect for your Dad's store. The image is not one I would normally buy but after seeing it in action, well, I'd probably get it! I never thought to layer on vellum. Thanks for the idea. I have some vellum around here somewhere.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

LOVE this gorgeous card!! This image is one of my favs and I love your layout and color combo (see...other people read your blog :D )