Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Pitcher

I made this card for my mother's birthday back in March. Sometimes, I just have to save things to show when I'm in a creative slump. I colored my favorite image from the SU! set, Long Time Friend (retired). I used my Lyra colored pencils, Koh-I-Noor colored pencils and OMS to color the image. The lavender sprigs have Flower Soft (same color) on them for a little extra dimension. The background layer is the Leafy Branch cuttlebug embossing folder that is inked on the negative side before running through. The lower right corner is pierced with an Ornare piercing template. I used the template on the inside panel as well. The sentiment is from PTI's Damask Designs. That's all I've got today! Maybe my mojo-liscious-ness will return and I'll have something fabulous for you on Monday! {crossing fingers}

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! :o) lyss


Oh! I almost forgot! Check out my sidebar for new blog candy that I have stumbled upon. Whiff of Joy is having a new release tonight! The theme of this collection of stamps is Women's Delight, so marriage, pregnancy and babies. Right up my alley for the baby store cards! Scoot on over and check them out. They really are cute! Toodles :o)







2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is outstanding. Makes me want some pencils...

Carolyn King said...

beautiful! love the embossed piece---compliments the image very well!