Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Viney Birthday

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a birthday card and bookmark combo that I made for a friend's mother-in-law. Because my sweet friend was willing to pay me for my creations, I thought I would make her a couple of choices and allow her to pick her favorite. I figured I could keep the one she didn't like and have it on hand for my own gift combo. Turns out she loved them all! She bought each one and now she has a gift combo on hand for someone else. Lucky girl! These cards use the lovely swirly, flourishy, viney image from Papertrey's With Sympathy set (link in sidebar). I didn't really feel the need to have a sympathy set when this debuted, but I just had to have the flourish! It is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and the leaves are colored in with a Copic marker. The little tulip image is stamped in Rose Red. I cut it out and mounted it on a piece of black that was run through the cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. Pretty simple card(s) really! The sentiment is from Damask Designs (PTI). I masked off the portion that said "to you" in order to make it fit into my ribbon sliders die. The vine image and the sentiments are up on dimensionals.
The bookmark is a bit softer with the viney image stamped in Certainly Celery and with the main panel sponged around the edges in CC also. Sentiment is from Mixed Messages (PTI). The black base is also stamped with the viney image on the back in VersaMark and embossed in black. Super classy look, but I forgot to get a pic of it! I've got to get a light/photo box. I'm hating how all of my pics are looking. This photo just doesn't do this bookmark justice. Oh well! Hope you likey anyway!

On another note, I changed the background of my blog. I wanted to go with something lighter for the summer season. I'm not sure I like it though. Tell me what you think!
Also, is anyone else playing along with the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's week? There are a ton of challenges and prizes to be had; plus, you have the entire week and weekend to get your submissions posted. It looks like it's going to be fun! Hope you all have a great day! :o) lyss




2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful cards! Very dramatic with that flourish. I think your pictures look good actually. They're clear and the color is good. I would like a light box myself but I hate to spend the $$ when I could buy stamp sets with it. I actually don't have many stamp sets but I have 5 on the way!! WOO HOO!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your new background looks good. I changed mine so I could have a fresher look too.