Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stampin' Out Alzheimer's - Mojo Sketch 88


Here's my submission for the Mojo Sketch Challenge #88. I'm also entering it for lots of stuff over at the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's event.

I inked up Wasabi Ketto from Stamping Bella in Memento Tuxedo Black and painted her with Hottie Pink and Marigold Shimmerz. Her hair is colored with a black glaze pen and dusted with black glitter - uber shimmery IRL. She was cut out with the classic circle Nestabilities and while still in the die, I used a bit of pink pearlescent chalks to hightlight the area. The base is SU! Pretty in Pink with a layer of PTI white stamped with the 3 floral images of Verve's Grateful Elegance. The largest flower is stamped in Pretty in Pink, the next is PTI Hibiscus Burst and the smallest is SU! Only Orange. The Only Orange layer is stamped with the large square filigree pattern from the same set as the flowers. I then embossed the 'Hey There, Sunshine!' sentiment in black. The black strip through the center is a strip of PTI True Black satin ribbon. Lastly, the panels beneath the main image are stamped with the leafy sprig from SU! Embrace Life. They are stamped in VersaMark. I then used a white gel pen to highlight each leaf. I am in love with this card and fun color combo! Tell me what you think...
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! :o) lyss

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Great job on this sketch and the color combo is awesome! I'm into the brighter combos these days.