Monday, May 11, 2009

Raspberry Suite color challenge

In the next couple of days I have two very long posts for you. For Mother's Day, I used Lauren Meader's My Timeless Templates of All Boxed Up to gift some custom cards to both my mom and mom-in-law. This past weekend, I needed to finish a few cards for my mom so I sought out inspiration across the great expanse of cyberworld!
In comes Dawn McVey with her Raspberry Suite Color Challenge! Such a gorgeous color combo. I'm not super happy with how the card turned out, but that is partially because I didn't add as much to it as I normally would have. I needed these cards to be pretty flat, not too much dimension or ribbons/bows or fun stuff! Ack! Talk about a challenge!
Anyhow, here's the card:

The main gray panel is from a card that I was supposed to make at a Stampin' Up! party a couple of months ago. I didn't really like the card, so I saved the image. When I saw Dawn's color challenge, I knew I could use it up! I used a Copic marker to color the flowers on the embossed image and then added Cotton Candy Stickles to the centers. The sentiment is from Raspberrry Suite's set Damask Designs available through Papertrey Ink and is stamped in PTI fresh snow ink. Card base is PTI Raspberry Fizz and the scalloped strip is SU! Regal Rose. I did the scalloped border with another slim line EK Success punch that my mom got me for Mother's Day.
Lastly, thanks to my friend Annie for this lovely little blog badge! Too many *greats* out there to pass it on to! Hope you have a groovy day! I'm still feeling groovy from the muscle relaxant that I took last night! Thanks for stopping by! ;o) lyss

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is lovely! I have no gray so I didn't participate in this one.