Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 6



Here's a pretty color challenge that I don't think I would have ever put together on my own. I tend to go with black instead of brown 99% of the time. I forget what a nice color chocolate is! I stamped these Bellas this weekend right after I saw Dawn's new color challenge. I had tons of fun coloring them...and then didn't have tons of fun trying to make them into a card! Layouts kill me! I can color all day long. My mom said she panicked one morning when she went to get me out of my crib. I wasn't there! I had climbed out and gone into the living room to color! I am not looking forward to the day that my little guy starts climbing out of the crib!! Something tells me that he won't be as good as me and just color... LOL Enough jibber-jabber, on to the cards:

This one is the last one I put together and I like it the best. The base is aqua mist with four rectangles of chocolate chip and berry sorbet. The berry sorbet is inked around the edges with fresh snow ink and then stamped with one of the single images from Background Basics: Spots and Dots. Buttons and ribbon are aqua mist. I pierced through the paper and tied some white floss (or whatever, I don't know what it's called, but we used to make friendship bracelets and hair ties out of it when I was little) through the paper and the holes. That way I don't have to use a glue dot or something that may not hold. Bella's belly is stamped again and popped up on a dimensional. There is real tissue paper coming out of one of the bags and the bow on her belly and on the bear are colored with a glaze pen. The color of the glaze pen really does match better than in the photos btw. The little rattle thingy on the right side is covered with Eucalyptus Stickles for a little glitter and shine :o) Here's a little detail shot:







The last card was the first I put together and I like it the least. I'm bummed because I used my only two aqua flower buttons on this card :( It's cute, but it's lacking; which is why the other cards got a little more stamping added to them. Thanks for looking! And thank you for all of the comments lately! It's always great to hear feedback. Hope you are all having a fantabulous day! ~lyss

Oh yeah! The layout is a sketch from Karen Giron. She does sketch challenges on Sundays. I don't usually participate, but I save them since I am so layout challenged!!

8 comments:

Maureen P said...

Love your Bella stamp! I'm getting my first ones this week and can't wait! Thanks for inspiring :)

Iris said...

These are beautiful cards!!! Love the color combo and your layout is great!
Thanks for entering my candy!

Hugs,
Iris

Winter said...

Oh, I love the Mommy stamp and how you popped the little belly out! I made a mommy card too, for the challenge!

Karen said...

I just LOVE, Love, LOVE that popped out belly!!! I actually squealed inside a bit when I saw it! Then I noticed all the other great details, like the real tissue paper....so cool! Looks like you had quite a bit of fun with Dawn's challenge! :>

Leonie said...

What a clever idea, the colors work perfectly!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These are great! That popped up belly and that tissue--very clever!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE THESE! The popped out belly is so CUTE!! Love the colors, and love that stamp!! Great job!

MacKenzie said...

Adorable - I love it! Awesome details girl!