Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Don't forget to enter for my blog candy below!!

K...I don't know if I am getting this in on time. If I miss it, oh well! Spending time with family is much more important. My grandma turned 92 on Friday and she spent the day hopping around to all of my brother's (I have 3) houses. Around 7:30 tonight, we went over to my parent's house to say hello and let her see Zane, her 7th great-grandchild.

Here's my entry for the Mojo Monday blog. I keep struggling with these sketches. There is just too much involved for me! I think I was supposed to have another layer on the bottom, but it just felt like it would be too cluttered if I added more.
The main image is a Penny Black stamp called Solidago Sprig. I colored the stem with a Mellow Moss marker and blotted the flower parts with PTI (Papertrey Ink) Hibiscus Burst and then Raspberry Fizz. Main image is matted on PTI Raspberry Fizz. The base, main image panel and sentiment panel are PTI Soft Stone. I LOVE this new color/non-color. It is gorgeous! The background stamp is a script stamp that I got at Michael's and is stamped in VersaMark. The punch is one of the new EK Success slim line border punches. My mom got those for me for Mother's Day and gave them to me early so I could play. I thought it only appropriate that I use it on her card. Thanks Mom! :o) The sentiment is from Verve Stamps Because of You. I thought it looked a bit plain, so I added some piercing. Once it was all put together, I added a little stardust Stickles to the blossoms - detail shot below. Forgot to take a shot of the inside, but I used both Verve's Because of You and PTI's Mother sets for sentiments. They both had such meaningful sentiments this year that I had to buy both. So, naturally, I had to use both! Hope you likey!! And I hope that all you wonderful mothers are having a fantastical Mother's Day and being spoiled beyond bounds!


3 comments:

Steph said...

I love this card, it is very elegant. Sometimes less is more. It's beautiful, great work:)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love it too! You did a great job on that sketch. Those Mojo sketches are tough for me because they involve so many layers, etc. but I always love what others do with them.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing! :)