Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Mom2!

I think I'd better show this before it's like July or something. For my mother-in-law, I made the same type of gift set of cards using the My Timeless Template All Boxed Up. Since I'd already made the one for my mom, this one came together much quicker. Plus, I chose to use some coordinating Basic Grey Blush paper (Yay me! I used DP on something!!), instead of coloring my own. I also chose to mat the DP on Regal Rose cardstock for a little extra interest.
I didn't have as much time to make cards for my MIL as I would have liked. I attempted to make some single layer only cards. They turned out ok, but definitely NOT my best work. I was able to fit 10 monogrammed envelopes on the left side and 10 single layer cards on the right.

The cards were an assortment of Holiday greetings, Thank yous, Happy birthdays and Just because/hello. I used a variety of stamps - everything from SU!, Verve, PTI, Michael's dollar bin, etc. I think I had every stamp I owned out and spread out across the entire kitchen. My hubby was a bit annoyed, me thinks! Oh well! It was for his mom, so I hope she loved them!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend (for those of us in the USA). Me? I have to work at 5:30 am (yuk!!!) Saturday and Monday. Double yuk!! Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving our country! :o) lyss

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Another beauty! I love that label die and think that may be the next one I purchase. Derrick can't stand to walk in my craft room because the mess irritates him.

Cristin Autumn said...

~lyss, You are amazing at what you do! Love to see your work!! Beautiful. Bummer on the work this weekend, but hopefully you make some good $$ on Monday :) Keep up the good work my dear!

Eisbärin said...

I love the card and the gift set! Well done! And sorry you had to work on such a gorgeous weekend!
We had some work done as well but only at home... clearing out the loft to get ready for an extension - which will house my craft room -YAY!
Love, Alex