Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Kayla-bayla!





I have to show a picture of my little punk and cute hubby to start off this post. Hubby brought a bagger (grandpa bike) home from work yesterday and rigged a belt to give the little guy his first motorcycle ride. He was so excited!! It was adorable, so I just had to share. Sorry Cristin & Annie, you get to see this twice today! ;o)

My card was made for my step-daughter Kayla. She turned 14!! this month. She is a little too beautiful for her own good. She's fashionable and trendy and fun. Her little brother loves her so much. When she came over last weekend, Zane ran about 50 feet (he was on a walk with grandma) just to give her a hug. It was so cute! Course, I think just about everything my son does is soooo cute, go figure!
This little fairy stamp is from The Greeting Farm (I think). I'm too lazy to look it up right now. It's from the blog candy I won last month. She is colored in with my Copics, and her wings are painted with Opal Shimmerz. The base is green galore and is stamped with the grid from Guidelines 1 to mimic lattice in a garden. Sorry, when I think of fairies, I think of gardens! The background piece is stamped with Guidelines 2 (of course!) in green galore, gable green and tempting turquoise. The sentiment is from CC Designs and is embossed in white. The flowers are from a tin of Primas that I got at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. Love those coupons! The center brad is one I made. It's a large brown brad heated and covered in white embossing powder twice. I then heated it again and dipped it in yellow glitter from Doodlebug. Hope you like!! Have a great day! :o) lyss

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This card is so stinkin' cute! Look at your coloring! I love the colors--green is my favorite.

Armie said...

Wow, Anya is sooo adorable here! Great color choices too!! Wonderful take on the challenge! TFS :o)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card,love the cute image,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Cristin Autumn said...

HELLO - I LOVE that picture and the fact that Zane loves the bike and his dad so much! I just wish Cars was closer so they could be little terrors together ;)

Tracy said...

Love, love this card Alyssa. It's beyond cute. I have this stamp (among several others!) on my wish list. You just moved it up several notches for me. Thank you SO much for celebrating my blogoversary with me!!!

Hugs,
Tracy