Friday, April 3, 2009

Treeful Birthday

Yesterday was my grandfather's 87th birthday! He came out to Colorado (from Vegas) to visit for his birthday and my mom's. Turns out she was his 30th birthday gift! :o) I used my (new) favorite SU! set Lovely as a Tree. I never liked this set until I started blurfing. Then I saw the true beauty. Anywho, I found a card that I fell in love with over on Julie's blog. I saved it in my little file so I could try it in a pinch.
I stamped the same image in Always Artichoke on watercolor paper that I misted with water. Stamped over it in Chocolate Chip after it had dried and sponged the edges with CC. My sponging is lacking as usual. The thing that cracks me up about this pic is that I keep thinking that it is blurry because of the image of the trees. It doesn't look quite like that IRL. It's a much nicer effect. BTW, sorry for the crummy photo. I snapped it under a fluorescent light before dashing off to dinner with the fam last night. Background is AA stamped with the retired Weathered background stamp and sponged with AA. The buttons are some of my new PTI New Leaf buttons. I don't want to put them on any projects b/c they're all so wonderful!! The sentiment is lacking (and of a SU! set that I can't recall the name at the moment), but I must confess, I finished this at work, so I didn't have all my supplies with me! Shhh! Don't tell anyone...especially my boss! :o)
On another note, you can kind of see in the background to the left how I store my Nestabilities. I got some full magnetic sheets at some office supply store and cut them into quarters. I used various different types of thin chipboard as backing to make them a bit sturdier - you know, like old cereal boxes and stuff. Then I store them all in a 4x6 index card box. It's a lot easier to get to them than in the CD cases like I used to do. Hope that helps someone! Hope you all have a great day!! :o) lyss

2 comments:

Angela Lemmons said...

OK, you're going to have to give me some tips on using Guidelines II because I tried it today and it did not go well!! Not well at all!!

threelemmons@msn.com

Thanks!
Angela
stampinstarbucksmama

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is stunning! When I acquire more Nesties, I'm going to change over to your storage idea. Dang (sorry, my inner redneck coming out), that's a cool way to store them.