Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rock-a-bye dragon baby and some blog candy links

Well, I posted this card over on Splitcoast so I thought I had better post it here. This is another of my first attempts at the colored pencils and OMS. When I got my High Hopes stamps, I immediately inked them all up a few times and went to coloring the night away! The stars are cut with star nestabilities out of a glitter paper pack. You can't tell from the crummy picture, but I used some of the Pearlescent chalk in a very pale yellow to highlight the duo. I also used some Opal Shimmerz on the insides of the wings, the big dragon belly and the inside of the ears. The background is the tiny bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder that is inked with tempting turquoise ink on the negative side. It gives it a bit more definition. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, if not, just ask! :o)

Now for some fun links:
Annie is having a fun sketch challenge for some blog candy over on Stampin with Annie B
Angela is giving away a little blog candy over at Stampin' Starbucks Mama
Bev is giving away gobs of goodies over at All the things I love

So drop these ladies a line for a chance! I may just have some blog candy here in a couple weeks for no apparent reason whatsoever! I just kinda feel like it! Hope you all are having marvelous days! :o) lyss

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You do such a good job coloring. I'm going to snag some Prismacolor pencils soon and give this a try. Great card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'm going to find you on SCS. What's your screen name?

Merry said...

Another great card...that embossing is so perfect for the background.