Sunday, April 12, 2009

Color Challenge #49

I haven't been able to play in any color challenges for a while now, but when I saw this one, I just had to find the time! I spent a ton of time yesterday trying to make this color combo work on a different card. After two hours, I had to set it aside. Then, *bam*, this morning while making a simple birthday card for my sweet sister in law, it came to me! Use your favorite Papertrey set, Guide Lines 2! This is a 4.25 inch square black base, 4 inch square Pacific Point and 3.75 inch square PTI white. I stamped the main grid in VersaMark. The sunburst is in Rose Red. I don't have Kiwi Kiss ink, so I subbed in some Old Olive. It works! The little asterisk image is from PTI Honey Bees. I think it's supposed to be the inside of a flower. The little foam thickers are from Target's dollar spot. I thought they needed a bit more definition so they didn't get lost on the card front, so I outlined them with a black marker. Hope you like it!

Sorry, again, about the crummy picture. Not only do I not have a fancy place to take photos of my cards, but my computer got super duper sick last week. Sunday we woke up to a big blue screen and no way to save the little guy. He had to go to the hospital for the week. Now that I have him back, I no longer have my photo editing software. So Ms TerriBerri, if you read this, can I borrow your Photoshop again??? Pretty please? I feel so naked without it!

Have a lovely Easter everyone!! :o) lyss

4 comments:

Randee E said...

GREAT card! Love the DP background you made! and I'm going to have to check out my local Target dollar spot!

newenglandstamper said...

Lovely card - I like how you outlined the letters for more punch!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I want this set, bad! My friend Angela came over and I didn't have time to use her set because I couldn't stop playing with Wishing you and Lfe. She did lose one of the stamps from this set in my craft room and I still haven't found it! LOL

terri said...

But of course! I will bring it in tomorrow.

;)MsTerriBerri