Sunday, April 12, 2009

Butterfly Mojo

Two posts in one day! I'm so proud of myself :o) This sketch for the Mojo Monday blog is the card that I was trying to combine with the color challenge of the previous post. I had a kiwi kiss panel embossed with the same image, but nothing seemed to look right. So I saved all the "fruits of my labor" and said, "until tomorrow." Today, once I was able to knock out the color challenge, I noticed some butterflies that I had painted eons ago. The light bulb went off for me again! Yay me! LOL

The base is SU! Bashful Blue that is sponged around the edges with PTI Spring Rain. The colors are amazingly similar. The back panels are SU! Rose Red embossed in black with Artful Elegance from Verve stamps. The white panel has the tree branch from SU! Artfully Asian - one of my all time favorite sets. It's embossed in black as well and colored in with a rose red marker and an olive Copic. The sentiment, "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly", is also from Verve. The set is a really cool anniversary set called Beautiful You. The butterfly is from Inkadinkado's clear set Garden Delight. It's also embossed in black and painted with Pearlescent watercolors. When I was cutting it out I didn't want to mess with the antennae, so I cut them off and added a couple of black wires.
I wish I would've moved the ribbon (PTI) in the top left up a bit and the the butterfly down. Oh well! I use permanent adhesive cuz I hate when my stuff falls apart. Hope you like! :o) TTFN! lyss

5 comments:

Diane said...

Alyssa,
WOW this is beautiful, that embossed background is breathtaking!
diane

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so elegant!

MacKenzie said...

Ooooooo.....purdy.......

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so lovely! The black just makes all the other colors pop. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Merry said...

Lovely...that butterfly is so lifelike.