Thursday, October 9, 2008

You're Invited...

Whoops! The party was a couple of weeks ago, so unfortunately, you can't *come join the fun*! Bummer! We had a good time! My little Zane turned 1 on Saturday, Sept 27th. He's such a little booger...I kinda like him! He's really a fun, happy little guy - I feel really lucky to have him.

Anyhoo, here is the invite that I sent out. The base is PTI Lemon Tart - I am so not a yellow person, but I love this color! Next up is a matt of white (PTI also), then Aqua Mist (yeppers! PTI again) that I ran through the Cuttlebug with the Number Collage embossing folder. I used a Sakura Stardust pen to accent the number *1* up in the right corner. The adorable little bear is from the C.C. Designs set Bear Hugs. At first, I stamped him in Palette Noir then flocked him, but he turned out too splotchy, so back to the drawing board. At the time, I didn't have any brown Copics, so I had to watercolor him with a Close to Cocoa classic ink pad and watercolor brush. His cheeks and the inside of his ears are colored with an RV11 Pink Copic marker. He is flocked with Doodlebug Crushed Velvet flock - btw, there is a huge difference between this and other brands. Just a much nicer cover and softness to it, IMO. He is outlined in a BG10 Cool Shadow Copic. Such a subtle difference, but it really makes the image *pop* IRL. His birthday hat is from the It's My Birthday set by C.C. Designs. It's colored with sparkly Fiskars pens, cut out and adhered with a mini glue dot. All the party info I printed out and matted with more Lemon Tart.

The back (or front, however you want to look at it) is stamped with the little atom - like pieces in Inque Boutique's Out of This World (I think that's it's name) in VersaMark. I tried to link it up, but the on-line store I got it at is "updating the site" and has been for the last couple of months??? That's my little guy on my motorcycle (I have a Superman obsession). I blurred out the background (trashcan and garage, yuk!) in Photoshop so he could be the main focus.
The 100% all Boy comes from the same Inque Boutique set. The last little panel was run through my Cuttlebug with the number 1 from the Olivia alphabet set and is popped up on dimensionals. Happy Birthday to the Zaniac!
Hope you all have a fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by (sorry it's been so long since I posted!) :o) lyss
I forgot to add that I do not work for any stamp companies or on-line stores. I link things where I have bought them or where I know that you can buy them. I have a serious addiction to buying stamps and stamping related items!!! Maybe even more so than using everything that I buy! Eek!

2 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Awwww...how cute is Zane on that bike!! Your card is pretty darn cute too - I love how you did the sparkly '1' on the embossing.
hugs, Jami

Catherine said...

cute, cute invite. And your little boy is just too cute!