Monday, October 20, 2008

I went to a birthday party yesterday for another 1 year old. Six women were pregnant at the same time in my department last year - we had a big blizzard 9 months prior ;o) 3 of the six were my two closest friends that I work with and I - all due within 3 weeks of each other. Kind of crazy times!


Here is the card that I made for little Logan. It uses the Billy set from Pink Cat Studio. Logan is a little red head, so he has some orange hair. I pulled the colors of his pants and shirt from the DP (My Mind's Eye). He is colored in with my ever expanding collection of Copics; however, I'm so annoyed with them! I used Palette Noir and even heat set the kid! The lines of his eyes, smile and nose bled. Why???? Grrrrrrrumble! I think I'll have to order some Memento ink and try that. I don't know what else to do and am very open to suggestions. The star image on the PTI Pure Poppy paper is stamped in VersaMark and is from the It's a Western Thing set from The Cat's Pajamas. His belt buckle is a brad that I heated up and stuck in gold embossing powder a couple of times. I hate the color of yellow gold, so I don't own any gold embellishments. I used some SU! hemp twine as *ribbon* and over Billy's lasso. I glued the twine lasso down with Ranger Glossy Accents. Finally, I finished the inside with a mat of PTI Vintage Cream, sponged around the edges with Close to Cocoa and TCP sentiment "Happy Birthday Partner". Someday, I'll get to the point where I take pics with the copics used and all that fun stuff. But come on, I just figured out how to put my name and stuff on the pics (watermark is more of a pita than just doing a text box, I can do both now though, I'll have you know!) :o) Thanks for stopping by!

Before I go though, I have to let you know about some super fun blog candy. Jen over at Jen's Stampin' Spot has some Whiff of Joy stamps up for grabs. She has a wonderful blog with just the absolute cutest cards. Check her out even if you don't care about the candy!
Kristin has a sweet Rachel Ann Miller stamp that she is giving away for hitting 15K hits. Check out her blog for a chance to win. :o) Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

ANGELO said...

Thanks for joining my blog candy give away! Good luck in the draw!

Kristin :)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is so cute - love his little lasso!!
hugs, Jami

Melissa said...

Soooo cute! I love the freckles!!!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute! I love your coloring and all the texture!