Friday, October 24, 2008

A Flat Challenge and Prize Alert

Over at No Time to Stamp?, Sharon has posted a challenge to Make it Flat. That is a pretty big challenge these days. But in all reality, a flat card can make just as much impact. I have been drooling over all the the wonderful cards made with SU! Lovely as a Tree - a great stand by set for masculine cards. I was waiting to see if it would be retired, and, amazingly, it wasn't! Anywho, here is my take on making it flat...
I used my oval nestabilities to cut an oval out of the front of the PTI Vintage Cream base, then created a frame out of Handsome Hunter. I inked up the pine tree image with HH and Chocolate Chip stampin spots and stamped onto a piece of VC cut just a tid bit smaller than the card front. I used a glue pen to line the tops of a the branches and the ground, then sprinkled on some Doodlebug white glitter. So subtle and pretty IRL. Joy is from a hostess SU! set, sorry, I don't remember the name. :) A very quick, reproducable card and no extra postage needed!! We all love that!

Now for the prize alert: You must visit Taylor's blog for a chance to win a whole bunch of goodies. She has a wonderful new stamp line and a big thing for cupcakes! I'm not really sure if you're supposed to comment on her blog or on the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog. Both are super cute! Have fun! I hope you all get lots of stamping time in this weekend! :o) lyss

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous card -- absolute simplicity at its best!!! Lovely as a Tree is surely a classic that will never go out of style, even if it does retire. You have showcased it beautifully!! So glad you could play - thanks so much!!! Oh, and I've enjoyed your photos on the sidebar!!! TFS!!!

Catherine said...

simply gorgeous :)