Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rocket Man

















I made this little *Rocket Man* for the Sketch for You to Try on Jen's blog. I took the star a bit literally, but I love my star Nestabilites so very much that I just had to use them again. :) This little Robot guy isn't really a rocket man I guess, but he comes in the Out of This World set by Inque Boutique that has a rocket and the sentiment Blast Off, so I just can't get Rocket Man out of my head! He is stamped with Palette Noir ink on watercolor paper and colored with Going Gray and Soft Sky SU classic inks and an Aquapainter. I used a couple Sakura glaze pens on his eyes, the little electricity squiggly and black dots. He is matted on Soft Sky and Real Red. The DP is Cogsmo by Cosmo Cricket and the glittery stars are from a glitter mat pack I picked up at Hobby Lobby some time ago. They are all popped up on different sizes of dimensionals. The card base is Blue Bayou. I haven't yet figured out if I want to make this a birthday card or just a hello, since it kind of looks like he's waving; so I'll just wait until I have the perfect occasion to finish the inside.
On another note, here is some fabulous blog candy that I won a bit ago from Cyndi Bundy. She has a really fun blog that you should hop on over and check out some time! For some odd reason, the first paragraph of this post is a link to the larger picture of this candy. I can't fix it, which is frustrating, but *deep breath* ahh, there! I'm over it!! :)
Well, thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a great rest of your day! ~lyss




4 comments:

jen del muro said...

what a fun card!! love that robot paper!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, how cute!! I love the screw brads and the sparkly stars!

Debbie Olson said...

Love your rocketman card--great layout too!

Niki Estes said...

Very cute! I love the brads and stars!