Wednesday, August 27, 2008

11 Months...how fast they've gone!

Here's my little guy *helping* his friend Taylor open her presents on her 4th birthday. He has grown up so much in the last 11 months, it just plain amazes me! He is so happy and healthy (>22 pounds!!) and smart and funny and...well, I'm sure you get it. The list goes on and on - what can I say? I'm a proud mommy :)
I needed a quick card for Taylor's party because I couldn't just go to the store and buy one! Oh! The horror!!!! I had a cute little The Cats Pajamas image that I had colored eons ago that needed to be used. I colored it thinking that I would use it for the TCP Tuesday challenge which was to use pink and yellow - if you follow these challenges, you know that this was forever ago! I stamped little miss sassy skirt (that's my affectionate name for the kitty) twice, cut her into a circle with my nesties and went to creating a little scene. Whoops! Made a big boo-boo, so I ended up cutting out the one that I had colored better and putting her up on dimensionals. Dimension is always a good thing! lol I wanted her to be really glamorous so I used my Fiskars gel pens to make her boots and hat sparkly and gave her a really big, pink rhinestone rodeo belt buckle! She is layered onto a Yo Yo Yellow scallop, embossed circle that is up on dimensionals as well. The Cool Caribbean has been embossed through the Cuttlebug with the Textile folder - I have been wanting to use this folder forever and it just screams "Old West". The sentiment is from CC Designs in cool caribbean ink with a spellbinder's ribbon slider die. A little pink gingham and white organdy layered ribbon and I called this card done! If I'd had a bit more time, I would have used some more layers - maybe black matting on the circle and embossed layer to make everything POP a bit more!










Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a fantastic day! :o) lyss

1 comment:

Kelly Schelske said...

Whata great card!! I bet Taylor loved it!!