Friday, July 25, 2008

KWerner Color Challenge # 17

Mmmm...I love this color combo! Although, I didn't think I would because Sage Shadow and I have not previously been friends. I've never participated in K Werner's color challenges before, but I got this gorgeous set called French Quarter by Inque Boutique and knew these colors would be just perfect for it. Doesn't the main image remind you of bind weed? Ha! For a weed, it's very pretty but a PITA! Trust me! I have too much of it!
First I cut out a large oval with my trusty Nestabilities in PTI white and a larger scalloped oval in Rose Red. I then stamped my image in VersaMark and colored with a Qtip and SU pastels. I love the soft look of pastels - they're just so pretty!
I just got my Petite Oval nestabilites set from Cut at Home, so I, of course, had to use them for the Verve sentiment (in Regal Rose). I've been using these a lot lately. :) I ran a piece of Sage Shadow through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder - I think that one is my favorite! It is so versatile. Matted that on more white, bumped the main image and the sentiment up on some nice, thick dimensionals and attached all to the Rose Red base. I wanted to mat more stuff on Regal Rose, but found out I am completely out! Not even a scrap to mat the sentiment on or anything - nothing, nada, zip. Eek! Oh well! To finish off the card, I cut another piece of PTI white for the inside of the card and stamped the main image three times up the right hand side. I used Regal Rose and stamped it off once on scrap paper to give it a softer look. Thanks for looking! Hope you all have a great day! :o) lyss

3 comments:

Becky said...

Your card is so wonderful! I love the flowers!

Nancy Riley said...

CONGRATULATIONS on making Kristina's TOP TEN with this beauty! It's gorgeous!

Linz said...

Very pretty, lovely image.