Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another go at it...

Here's another go at a brayered sunset card. I love these cards! They are a weakness of mine; I just wish I could make them look as good as they look in my head! That's the problem with trying to copy greatness!
This time I tried the technique on PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock. Michelle was kind enough to leave me a comment on my last post with advice on how to lose the lines - brayer the lighter color from bottom to top and dark from top to bottom. *Bing* The light goes off in my head! Bummer for the anal retentive perfectionist in me! I can still see the lines! I tried to sponge the Pumpkin Pie ink around the line between the So Saffron and PP a little bit, but since my stuff is still at my mom's, I didn't have the right type of sponge. I used a paper towel, which works, but not the best. I then sponged/*toweled* some Really Rust in a circular motion across the top of the scene. I used the grass/flower stem image from PTI Honey Bees again and drew a couple of cattails on with a Marvy Uchida black marker. A little sponging with black across the bottom and the card was complete. Oh, except for my crooked Verve sentiment! Really gotta learn to use that Stamp-a-ma-jig thingy more often! Thanks for looking! :o) lyss

2 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

You *drew on* the cattails. THat is awesome. Gorgeous card.

Lauren (mytime) said...

THIS is just stunning! I am getting ready for vacation but had to say I love this.I wish I had more time to comment on all of it. Your family is just beautiful! Your son is the cutest little thing ever! Look at those eyes. You are very blessed!! Love your work :D