Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things that make me happy...

I have one card to show from Father's Day that I attempted for my dad. I'll show that on a later post. I wanted to show some of the things in my life that make me happy. The first are my two men - DH and DS. I love this pic of daddy showing his little guy some love! :o) Honestly ladies, is there anything that warms your heart more than seeing your sig other love on your kiddos?!?!?


Next are pics of my front flower garden. My dogs don't allow me to have one in the back! LOL! The burst of sunshine is called Coreopsis spp. I have a couple different kinds in my small garden because I love things that flower throughout the summer. Just keep deadheading and you have wonderful color all summer long! The purple is a Clematis; unfortunately, this particular one was ripped up along with the tree it was climbing up by the tornado! I just planted two more - one white and one crimson. I hope they make it!








This odd little flower is from a succulent called Hens and Chicks. I was getting a macro shot with my new camera and out popped this little grasshopper. Quite a catch if I do say so myself!








Lastly, we have the newest addition, Lantana. I love all the different colors in this little beauty. We'll have to see how she handles the western exposure of my front lawn! On my patio this year, I also have my garden. I hadn't yet had the time to plant my garden when the tornado roared through town (thank goodness!). Since we don't have a fence yet, dogs, workers, whoever wants to just walk right through the yard and garden area. So.....I potted all my garden plants on the front porch. I have jalapenos, poblano peppers (for stuffing...mmm, yummy!), tomatoes, zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, basil and cucumbers. I also put a pumpkin in a side flower garden. Since I love to hang out on my front porch, maybe I'll actually pay more attention to my garden this year! :o) Thanks for looking! Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: