Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary baby!

2 years! I'm kind of surprised we've made it! Ha ;o) Yes, we are one of "those" couples that got married on 6.6.6. What an easy anniversary to remember - I know my DH will never forget! When we met and fell in love, my husband told me he would never have another kid he wouldn't raise and he would never get married again. After I stayed with him for 5 years, I guess he kind of figured that I wasn't going anywhere and he couldn't deny me the joy of having my own kiddo. We didn't want to spend the money to have a big wedding, so we walked into the clerk and recorder, said our 'I dos', paid $10 and the deed was done! Short and sweet :o)

Baroque Anniversary

While checking all my favorites the other day, my jaw dropped to the floor with this stunning card. Laurie has such an amazing, elegant style! When trying to decide on a design for my husband's card, my mind kept going back to Laurie's card. So I CASEd it! I used vellum, Basic Gray and black cardstocks, black and silver reversible satin ribbon (oh, so gorgeous!), Going Gray, VersaMark and StazOn Jet Black inks, Baroque Motifs and PTI Out on a Limb stamp sets, some silver and black embossing powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Nestabilities, ticket corner punch and a sponge. I didn't have any silver brads (can you believe it?!?! That's like a stamping staple!), so I used some primary colored ones that I will probably never get through, heat them up, dunked them in some silver ep and heat again. Turned out just the way I wanted them! I needed a way to attach the vellum that is stamped with the PTI sentiment to the black cardstock, so I used the brads. I think everything else is pretty straight forward.

Thanks for looking! Hope you all have a great weekend! We'll be removing stumps, doing more tornado clean up, and getting the hot tub fixed. I'm ready for some 'me' time! :o) lyss

2 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card!! I've always had trouble with that stamp set...not sure why. Yours is wonderfully put together though!

Happy Anniversary to you both! I wish you many more happy healhty years!

Donna said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! y'all look awesome on your bike & how sweet your DH chose to add to his legacy with you. your son is a cutie patootie