Thursday, June 5, 2008

Artfully Asian Bookmarks

Thank you for your well wishes and thoughts for my neighbors. I realize that many people have been through this before, or have perhaps seen it first hand themselves; however, until you see it, you never realize the devastation. It will take a long time to re-build all those homes and lives, but maybe people will get to build things the way they want to or change the things in their homes that they didn't like. You know, get a kitchen remodel out of the travesty! Gotta look on the bright side ;o)

Since I haven't had time to even look at any of my stamping stuff (except for all the blogs I stalk), I thought I would post some bookmarks I love to make. I think these are so fun and easy. Such a great gift to give in a card with a gift card to Barnes and Noble or something. Artfully Asian is one of my absolute favorite SU! sets. I like the sentiment, Each day provides its own gifts, and the font that it is in. I just love everything about it.


The black bookmark is embossed with black ep and colored in with markers, Mellow Moss and Ruby Red. The brown one is stamped in Chocolate Chip and colored in with the same markers. I don't remember what color I did the Rough Texture wheel in - it might just be 2nd generation Choco Chip. Both bookmarks have the above sentiment stamped on the back side, embossed on the black one in black ep - such a classy look. It really is pretty if you haven't tried it before.


Whoops! Had another one here that I had done with the leaves from the set, but I accidentally deleted it when I was editing my post and don't have the pics on this computer. Maybe I'll come back and add it later on tonight. I was trying to copy this card by Alisa Tilsner. Her water coloring is so amazing and I had just gotten the watercolor pencils from SU!, so I just had to try it.

Anyway, thanks for looking and hope you all are having a wonderful day!

lyss


ETA: Here's the pic. I had actually tried to make the card that Alisa had made and I couldn't get my piercing straight, etc. So I chose to recycle the image into a bookmark :)

1 comment:

Donelda said...

I love your bookmarks. Funny, I've been meaning to make a bunch of bookmarks lately since I find myself using scraps of paper in my books - sheesh!!

On my blog you commented on my brayered sympathy card. You were wondering about inkin up with Versamark on the stamp image first and then color instead of the versamark pen. Yes, you can do that. I've done it both ways and they both work wonderful. In fact, I bought a new versamark pad and use my old one for the technique.

enjoy!!